Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

The very best action MCU scenes always have a bit of comedy to break up the consistent CGI smashing. Very few things I've watched in the cinema got the laughter of Hulk smashing Loki.

Even the airport scene had the great Ant Man bits.

Both great because it isn't purely things bashing into each other, causing great damage.

Me and a mate had a conversation about this very thing recently, though we didn't use Marvel as the example, more about movie scores I general. Avatar is the biggest movie of all time, yet I bet there's very few that could hum the main theme back to you. John Williams' themes are engrained into popular culture, and no matter what you think of his work you can't deny that the majority are instantly recognisable as he's got his own style. Similarly with guys like Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer until he stopped trying when he worked on Nolan's Batman films. Infact, that's probably to blame more than anything else. Minot saying its a great score or anything (it isn't by any stretch), but that's what they've tried to recreate

The only Marvel one I could do is the main from movies Guardians of the Galaxy (from 0:35)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

http://www.darkhorizons.com/ben-afflecks-future-as-batman-uncertain/

The movie news I feared most could be happening as apparently it's looking like Ben Affleck will probably be phased out as Batman. I'm beyond embarrassingly gutted about this. I'm sure they'll be sending a skip full money to Christian Bale's house shortly.

• Paid Members

I can't think of anything worse that Bale's growly, joyless Batman coming back and trying to interact with a team. DC are stuck in a Groundhog Day loop of making shitty films by committee then wondering why no one like them. 

Affleck as writer/director/star of a Batman film sounded fantastic. 

• Paid Members

Aye. Such a shame the DC system robbed us of an Affleck film. Seemed like a can't miss opportunity, but perhaps Affleck realised it was never going to be 100% his vision, or less of a chance of being much cop.

Oh well. If he leaves after finishing The Batman, I guess it means he'll have more time to make great films.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I can't imagine what's going to happen, I can't think of anything good. There's no one else I'd rather see as Bruce Wayne and I really don't want to see any other version of Batman. Batfleck was great, I was excited to see a Batman film made by him and if he's gone completely now it's a real shame. I feared this was coming when Reeves completely dumped Affleck's script.

At least we still have Justice League (trailer tomorrow), speaking of which, isn't Justice League a two-parter? How are they going to change Batman in the middle of that?

• Paid Members

didnt know there was a new trailer for it coming out. Only 3 things I can see happening in it are more Aquaman coolness, villain reveal and ending with a Superman reveal. 

Is it still going to be a two parter. I thought that idea was scrapped ages ago ( I'm probably very wrong about that) 

my excitement level for it is so low. My old housemate worked on it and Wonder Woman and outside of wanting to see his name in the credits and the work he did BvS has just killed any interest I might have. 

• Paid Members

Can't link off my phone at the min but new Justice league trailer looks quite good. lanterns reference and a nod to the penguin and the reveal at the end ( which I called) makes me think we're going to get full on black suit Superman. 

• Paid Members

I tried to watch the justice League trailer but my eyes were too full of tears to enjoy it due to the fact that I know it might be Batfleck's last stand. 

Also announced today that the Flash solo movie will be Flashpoint, I guess that's how well get our new Batman then.