Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I think the last movie I really enjoyed Willis in was Lucky Number Slevin (or

Split

if that counts), but yeah, he has this smug, toxic aura off him these days.

I have faith that he’ll play David Dunn with that same vulnerability as he did in 2000 and not an unrecognisable Bruce Willis version of the character that is essentially every character he’s played 90% of the time since.

You’ve no idea what the ending to Split did to me though. I can’t stress enough how it genuinely upended me and has turned into my favourite ending of all time.

I sat there stunned and almost shaking with every hair on my body on end. Even though I veet my plums, undercarriage etc regularly, when I heard

the first few bars of the Unbreakable theme

my body reacted and spawned new hair growth down there specifically to stand on end to show it’s appreciation for what was going down on screen.

Marauders is awful.

• Paid Members

http://www.darkhorizons.com/zemeckis-rumored-to-helm-the-flash-film/

Robert Zemeckis is in talks to direct The Flash, the first two directors have already left, this would get people's interest back on track a bit. I'm curious to see what a superhero movie by a really famous old director would be like now, I hope it happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
11 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

2000AD are co-producing a Dredd TV show called  Judge Dredd: Mega City One.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-39873020 I'm intrigued by the general premise, but it could easily look very cheap. I als have a feeling that Dreddd himself won't turn up in the series at all.

The show is called Judge Dredd. Why wouldn't he be in it?

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like they have cast Tom Hardy in the lead role (Eddie Brock) in the new Venom movie. What are everyone thoughts on his casting and the idea of a Venom film potentially without Spider-Man (as it is not meant to be a spinoff)?

• Paid Members

Sony are still pushing making a franchise out of the Spider-Man licence. Jesus! 

Hardy is as good a choice as anyone but I really don't know how they pitch it without a link to Spider-Man. A straight up horror? 

27 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Sony are still pushing making a franchise out of the Spider-Man licence. Jesus! 

They announced a few years back that they were wanting to do a whole bunch of Sinister Six movies, but they never materialised after Amazing Spider-Man 2 didn't perform very well.

• Paid Members

Yep. I could be wrong but I think the end credits of Spider-Man 2 are actually over close ups of the costumes of each of the sinister 6. 

It just reeks of desperation trying to pad it out to a franchise. They were even talking about an Aunt May film at one point. Who the hell wanted to watch Sally Field getting up to shenanigans? 

• Paid Members

That's terrible. Can't believe he was planning on working through after something like that happens.  So does that mean that Whedon was hired for this and the Batgirl stuff was released to explain his involvement? The timing seems too coincidental.