Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 has been screened for the press, reviews are embargoed until the 24th - but non-spoiler tweets suggest it is VERY good. Many saying it's their favourite Marvel film thus far, alsoĀ that the comedy side of things and emotional attachmentĀ probably even surpassĀ the first film.

On 13/04/2017 at 1:51 AM, Call me Bellend said:

I don't like Cable particularly and the boring casting of Josh Brolin isn't going to change my mind, he's already Thanos, fuck off.

Cable when it comes to Deadpool is the straight man much like Colossus in the first film, so it's decent casting. It means they could tie in pool with the current X-men universe as well.

14 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 has been screened for the press, reviews are embargoed until the 24th - but non-spoiler tweets suggest it is VERY good. Many saying it's their favourite Marvel film thus far, alsoĀ that the comedy side of things and emotional attachmentĀ probably even surpassĀ the first film.

I've booked in at Cineworld for a double bill of both GOTG films next Wednesday night. Really looking forward to it

• Paid Members

I saw a Batman Begins/The Dark Knight double bill the night before The Dark Knight Rises was released. Wasn't really a slog, but the goth next to me who threw his arms up after they ended and nearly knocked me out with his B.O. marred the evening for me.

I did a couple of Triple Bills last year (Captain America and X-Men) and both times the 3rd movie (which is obviouslyĀ the brand new one) was always a bit of a slog. Midnight showings don't bother me so much, and I think a double bill will be easier than 3 movies.Ā 

• Paid Members

I think I'd start to see Michael Owens' point if I bothered with back to back films at the cinema. Rarely is sitting in the cinema for more than a couple of hours conducive to a good time.

The only time I triedĀ the back to back film thing was in the house for Star Wars. I got 10 minutes into Phantom Menace, I believe.