Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Yeah - the whole point of Iron Fist is he's supposed to be the most proficient martial artist in the Marvel universe. His powers are all martial arts-based.

EDIT: Should point out there's a big difference between "martial arts" and "marital arts". The latter is something you'd probably have to consult the Karma Sutra about.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Ha ha. I'm a bit of a spelling nerd too. Thanks for the heads up. As well as the background on Iron Fist. I'm going to try and watch more of the series. I really enjoyed Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. I get the feeling they are going for something a little more family viewing friendly with this one.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

I finally got round to watching Logan last night and have to echo the praise of everyone else. Its a really fantastic film, not the best superhero film ever but certainly in that conversation.

I've binged the Wolverine films to get ready for this one and this blew the others out of the water in terms of emotion and also cast performances. Hugh Jackman plays the beat up and knackered Logan so well, making you feel real sympathy for him as he's limping around after Charles Xavier.

A couple of things really stuck with me -

"So this is what it feels like" and also Laura turning the cross over to an X at his grave. But that line in particular gave me chills 

Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet

I'm currently binge watching the Spiderman Cartoon for the mid 90's.....  Its still amazing.

Definitely gonna have to watch the X-Men cartoon next

Where are the Spiderman cartoons available please?

Netflix have them( not sure if there all on there)  I found the ones im watching on a old hard drive along with all the Batman cartoons and all the old M.A.S.K cartoons

"Look guys, we can be funny!"

The CGI and overall visual aesthetic isn't my cup of tea, it looks like an odd cross of grimdark and videogames. A bit like Suckerpunch which which is one of the worst films I've had to sit through, even with one of the fittest characters ever.

• Paid Members

Like every Zach Snyder film, it'll look pretty, good trailer but as an actual film it'll be between okay and total dog shit. I presume he signed a deal with the devil to still be involved with this after BvS? Man of steel wasn't great either.

Google says he's involved with the future Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman movies too. WHAT?! All their eggs in a shit-lined basket.

Zack Snyder's sticking with his usual formula which isn't for me. I assume the effects aren't finished, but Cyborg looks terrible. He's a head floating behind a screensaver like he's sticking his head through one of those photo boards at the seafront. They're trying to make Aquaman the cool one, but it's the middle-aged tech nerd version of cool that Snyder knows, so it's greyed out outfits, scowling, and Seventies slang. That trailer's lots of flash and sizzle, but I couldn't tell you what is happening or why, and because of that I don't know why I should care about all the Star Wars Pears flying around.