Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Watched Logan the other night. I really liked it. I'm amazed that it actually got made to be honest, it's so far removed in tone (not just the violence, which is very graphic) from any of the other films and is intentionally vague on background details, something that can't often be said with most comic films, where they have specifically explain everything that's happening.

• Paid Members

Amazing, wasn’t it Chokey? It felt like I was watching the Wolverine film I always wanted to see. Gutwrenching at points, too.

I’m going to see it again this weekend, as I genuinely nearly jumped up and slapped the baldy head off the random cunt in front of me with excitement when the

Deadpool 2 teaser

shocked the fuck out of me before the movie began!
Was just a great experience from start to finish.

• Paid Members

I want to see Logan but I'm scared it's going to be so embarrassed to be a comic film that it'll be up it's own arse.

Is it trying so hard to be well received by people that aren't into comics that it's going to make me cringe? Can someone assuage me or at least tell me with no spoilers if that is the case so I can prepare myself and not sit in the cinema frowning with my arms folded the whole time.

Edited by Call me Bellend

There's one really cringey comicbook moment but I loved the majority of it for someone who really doesn't care for Marvel, the lass I took thought the exact same too so it's not just me.

If you're wondering about which moment:

The cross, I had to suppress an embrassed laugh as everyone around was crying.

Amazing, wasn’t it Chokey? It felt like I was watching the Wolverine film I always wanted to see. Gutwrenching at points, too.

I’m going to see it again this weekend, as I genuinely nearly jumped up and slapped the baldy head off the random cunt in front of me with excitement when the

Deadpool 2 teaser

shocked the fuck out of me before the movie began!

Was just a great experience from start to finish.

Wait, Deadpool 2 teaser? I never got one of those?

I didn't mind the X bit.  Bit cheesy but in the context of the film and Laura being brought up idolising Wolverine & the X-men I thought it made sense.  Also a little nod to Xavier

• Paid Members

Watched it tonight and I very much agree it's wonderful. I bloody love Logan. Can't remember the last time I've been so keen to watch a film again. Jackman, Stewart, the wee girl and, christ, even Stephen Merchant, are truly excellent throughout.

I counted three moments in the film where it felt like most of the cinema were bawling. I had a go at a couple.

I'm not really that much of a fan of the X-Men films - almost all of them are fairly forgettable. Thankfully Logan seems to exist in a different world. So even if you don't like what they do with X-Men, give it a go.

I need to watch it again, but it may very well be the finest Superhero film. Certainly one of them.

Edited by ColinBollocks