Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

The Spider-Man homecoming trailer does reveal a lot but it looks like the film will be really good, great to see Michael Keaton getting big roles again, I've always liked him but his name was mud for a good decade.

I've thought the scale of these films has been out of control for ages so I'm glad Deadpool and Logan and have bucked the trend and the new spiderman is making a point of giving a younger down to earth character a lower level story.

The director talks about that in this interview snippet http://www.darkhorizons.com/keaton-watts-talk-vulture-in-spider-man/

Also Spidey pressing that button to finish putting his suit on at the beginning of the trailer is awesome, I'm liking the little innovations that are coming from him being financed by Tony Stark. That whole angle is a great way to give a fresh take to the character.

• Paid Members

Surely we'll all skip the 3 hour version and go straight for the 4 hour DVD release where the plot make sense and characters have motivation...

That's the best one though. Snyder's vision is so layered, it needs the extra hour and ten to fully realise zombie Superman beating the baddy at the end of a 30 minute fight.

This could be 90 mins of Snyder and the best we can all hope for is just a passable effort. Snyder doesn't do great films. At his best, he does "erm, that was alright. McDonalds?" ones.

• Paid Members

Watchmen was amazing, I'll defend that film til my dying day.

Agreed and Dawn of the Dead is a cracking remake.

Edited by DEF

On 30/03/2017 at 5:46 PM, chokeout said:

The Justice League film is rumoured to be 2hr 50min long, once again confirming that Zack Snyder doesn't know how to pace or edit his own stuff.

If Justice League has the same reception as Batman vs. Superman did I really hope they just drop Snyder from their cinematic universe period. But I doubt they do that.

• Paid Members

I finally finished Iron Fist tonight. I only put up with it because I've invested so much time in the MCU now (and to be fair, have enjoyed 95% of what they've done) that I felt I had to watch it before the Defenders. I loved Daredevil and really enjoyed both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, but this wasn't very good at all, was it? Even more boring than Agent Carter season 2. The origin story is ridiculous even by comic book standards. But I'm not a massive fan of martial arts films/TV anyway, so it was always gonna have a hard time impressing me.

Still looking forwards to the Defenders though. 4 good Netflix series out of 5 isn't bad. 

• Paid Members

It's annoyed me that Marvel really don't want to pull the trigger on linking the Netflix shows and the MCU. Apart from the few 'incident' throwaway lines there's been nothing. How hard would it have been to throw a few quid at some of the lesser characters like Falcoln to for them together better, give the shows a bit more legitimacy and fill in the middle series lull that has been a constant problem for all of them.