Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

One of my friends has gone to a few marathons and double feature presentations at the Prince Charles cinema at Leicester Square. They're doing stuff like all 8 Harry Potter films in a row or all 3 extended edition LOTR films in a row. I hate to imagine the smell of the place after an all nighter 13 hour film marathon.

1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I went to see a double bill of Batman Begins/The Dark Knight and that had a ten minute intermission, which made it pretty bearable all told. Not sure I could do a full-on marathon.

To be fair, each film always shows the credits in full also, and will always have the standard adverts / trailers before the latest release, so there's always a good 20-30 minutes where you can go out and stretch your legs, get some fresh air and use the toilet if necessary

When I did the Back To The Future one, they had trailers before the first one and then 10 minutes between each film. 

Doing all 8 Potter films back to back would be overkill for even the most diehard fan surely.

my local Cineworld was taking bookings for the full MCU marathon just before Civil War came out, but it got cancelled inthe end. I think it sounded a good idea on paper then they realised how many films would be involved (would have been 13 in total at that point) and that the place would have to open beyond its regular hours. I can't imagine there would be many that would have done the full thing, I reckon people would have bought there tickets and then see the ones they want to and skip others

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

my local Cineworld was taking bookings for the full MCU marathon just before Civil War came out, but it got cancelled inthe end. I think it sounded a good idea on paper then they realised how many films would be involved (would have been 13 in total at that point) and that the place would have to open beyond its regular hours. I can't imagine there would be many that would have done the full thing, I reckon people would have bought there tickets and then see the ones they want to and skip others

Surely thats split over a few days, 13 films in a row (Given they are all 2+ Hours) would be over a full day spent in the cinema, Couldn't think of anything worse then that prospect

I've never done a film Marathon, think I'd lose interest by half way through the 2nd film, If we do anything like that then we'll watch them days in a row, we watched all 3 Back to the Futures a few months back over 3 nights and did the same with Star Wars recently 

1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Surely thats split over a few days, 13 films in a row (Given they are all 2+ Hours) would be over a full day spent in the cinema, Couldn't think of anything worse then that prospect

I've never done a film Marathon, think I'd lose interest by half way through the 2nd film, If we do anything like that then we'll watch them days in a row, we watched all 3 Back to the Futures a few months back over 3 nights and did the same with Star Wars recently 

It was billed as all in a row. Like I say, I think it sounded a good idea on paper, but they hadn't thought of the fact that it would be quite literally a full day at the cinema, which is why I think it was cancelled

• Paid Members

I don't know how he's going to top the ending to what was the greatest magic trick ever pulled off in my cinema going experiences, but I've pined for 17 years to read this news, and greatly anticipated for the last few months:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/glass/49012/unbreakable-sequel-glass-set-for-2019