Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Moderators

I liked the comics a lot. Gutted it looks like Hughie isn't going to be a weegie and I've never watched anything good on Amazon Prime... But I still hope this will be watchable.

Edit Oh shit I've just noticed it's a film and not a series. It won't bear any resemblance to the original in that case anyway.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Decided to start increasing my 4K collection so picked up The Dark Knight Trilogy and Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition.

Films look and sound great.

Watching Rises again for the first time since the year it was released and though I no longer dislike it as much as I did back then, I still believe that it's a massive waste of potential and that is what is so infuriating.

Cut the Talia and League bollocks and simply make it about Batman battling Bane over an isolated Gotham and it could have been a really good comic book movie. Instead it's a bloated mess with some really good scenes and ideas.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Decided to start increasing my 4K collection so picked up The Dark Knight Trilogy and Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition.

Films look and sound great.

Watching Rises again for the first time since the year it was released and though I no longer dislike it as much as I did back then, I still believe that it's a massive waste of potential and that is what is so infuriating.

Cut the Talia and League bollocks and simply make it about Batman battling Bane over an isolated Gotham and it could have been a really good comic book movie. Instead it's a bloated mess with some really good scenes and ideas.

The Ultimate edition of Batman Vs Superman should start at that scene where Batman takes down a load of thugs in that building and stop at the end of that scene.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Good advice. 

Im getting dragged to Endgame. Is this the last one or is there going to be more of the fuckers. 

You really should consider getting out of that dude. It's 3 hours long and you know full well you'll not like it. 

No chance it's the last one. It's just that in all likelihood some of the characters will be bumped off in this continuity. Mainly dude to the stars contracts and what not.

I've just booked my ticket for Thursday morning at 9AM. I work nights so it's gonna cut into my sleep but it'll be totally worth it.

Edited by DEF

It's the last of this phase, and is put out as a closure to the Thanos arc; but no this isn't the end. Spider-man 2(7) is later this year, they've got Guardians 3 in the works, plus Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, The Eternals, Captain Marvel 2 and Black Widow all not formally announced but expected to come soon.

Sorry...

• Paid Members

Just a random musing, and I daresay some of you will be thinking "well, duh!" but I was wondering if the timing of the Shazam release was deliberately done to just about match Captain Marvel, as a sort of DC jab, saying "We had the original Captain Marvel"? Minor, obviously, but film and TV's got loads of little quirks like that.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Just a random musing, and I daresay some of you will be thinking "well, duh!" but I was wondering if the timing of the Shazam release was deliberately done to just about match Captain Marvel, as a sort of DC jab, saying "We had the original Captain Marvel"? Minor, obviously, but film and TV's got loads of little quirks like that.

Whilst it does seem more than a little coincidental I personally don't see it. I mean even when Shazam was called Captain Marvel I thought of him as Shazam. I just don't make that connection for whatever reason. I figure that I'm not the only one.

Just incase it slipped by anyone Spiderman - Into The Spiderverse is out on Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow. That's a hell of a way to spend a bank holiday.