Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just saw that he's behind an upcoming Ayn Rand adaptation.  Fucking hell.

Yeah. I mean, he's an absolutely terrible filmmaker anyway but just imagine him tackling one of the most boring authors in history too. Shut up and don't take my money.

• Paid Members

I'm just going to see Spidey now. Is there a post credits scene right at the end as well as the mid credits scene?

• Paid Members

So glad I didn't get that mid credit scene ruined for me. Pure, wonderful, fan service. Loved it!

The film felt a lot more low level and more like an old school Spider-man adventure, which was really needed after the last film

The Mysterio illusion scene was right out of the comics / early 90s cartoon and was wonderful. They nailed it. Loved the retro fitting him into the storyline as well. Looks like they will be pushing Secret Invasion moving forward or the formation of SWORD and some more Cosmic level stuff which will be interesting to see

• Paid Members
On 7/5/2019 at 7:27 PM, DEF said:

Pretty much. Apparently the film was pretty much done when Snyder stepped away from JL and Josh Whedon came in and rewrote and did extensive reshoots on it. Which is the version that ended up coming out. I'm pretty sure Snyder's version was the version that got initial test screenings and rave reviews from the crew. I guess Snyder wants his version to see the light of day. To be fair so do I. I'm not expecting it to be good but it would definitely be interesting.

Remember when they said the first screening of BvS got a standing ovation from executives at Warner Bros...

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Yup. That story was ultimately bollocks, and also wasn't for Snyder's version.

All versions of BvS are Snyder's versions. He was involved in the edits of the theatrical and Directors cuts.

I still think he was long gone well before they announced his departure and had already been removed from the project by the time Joss Whedon was announced for BatGirl.

He's excellent at making bloated, overly long and joyless films. I won't hear a word said against his remake of Dawn of The Dead though

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, chokeout said:

He's excellent at making bloated, overly long and joyless films.

And then later on releasing even longer and more bloated versions of those same films.

Snyder makes pictures not films. You can take most frames from his work and it looks like a modern goth masterpiece. But for even a basic grasp of pacing, character, emotion, storytelling, he's the dirt worst. No wonder his whole DC shtick has been obsessed with Superman as an overpowered god who MUST be constantly warring with some dark lonely part of himself, instead of the good boy raised in the heart of bumpkin 'Merica trying to do the best with the powers he has. It's big and portentous but ultimately shallow, big budget alt-teen faux angst bullshit.