Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Apart from Avatar I've actively avoided 3D since the original Avengers where it just distracted from everything and ruined the experience. That was until I saw Into The Spiderverse and was just blown away by how good that was in 3D, but I think that's a rarity.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Just finished Far From Home as well. I loved it! Thoroughly entertained throughout. Mysterio was great, Holland and Zendaya were great, and that first credits scene... wow! Big old spoiler for that in the tag

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

J K MOTHERFUCKING SIMMONS WHAT

Ā 

It got such a cheer in my screen!

• Moderators
On 7/2/2019 at 3:37 PM, DavidB6937 said:

Apart from Avatar I've actively avoided 3D since the original Avengers where it just distracted from everything and ruined the experience. That was until I saw Into The Spiderverse and was just blown away by how good that was in 3D, but I think that's a rarity.

I'm guessing it is probably always better for animation than live action.

• Paid Members
On 7/2/2019 at 9:00 AM, DEF said:

I've always thought they should back door one with a She-Hulk film.

I think they might have made one of those with Chyna.Ā 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Both. Ā I guess Snyder said his version was different or something?

Pretty much. Apparently the film was pretty much done when Snyder stepped away from JL and Josh Whedon came in and rewrote and did extensive reshoots on it. Which is the version that ended up coming out. I'm pretty sure Snyder's version was the version that got initial test screenings and rave reviews from the crew. I guess Snyder wants his version to see the light of day. To be fair so do I. I'm not expecting it to be good but it would definitely be interesting.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Thanks for that.

Given how it's Snyder, it's guaranteed to be bollocks, but different bollocks from the bollocks that came out.

Yeah I mean just look at Batman V Superman to see how little understanding he has of the source material but nonetheless as you say different bollocks would be interesting.

• Paid Members

It's incredibly different, less than half of the finished film is Snyder's stuff. Joss whedon finished it off after Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide and he left the project. Whedon was working to a studio mandate to keep the film short and lighten the tone. The resulting film is a mess that pleased no one. Lots of people hate Snyder's style and his vision for the films but most people agree that seeing the film as intended is for the best.

• Paid Members
Just now, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Ā Lots of people hate Snyder's style and his vision for the films but most people agree that seeing the film as intended is for the best.

Well I dunno about that. I'd watch Justice League over BvS any day of the week. JL is a mess but at least it's a fun mess. BvS is a shit tornado. I would be first in line to see his JL though out of pure morbid curiosity.