Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I'd rather they'd kept the Tick going instead, that was great.

That first season I found a chore, and this from Someone who took their old user name from the animated series. That second season was far superior. Gutted they canned it.

• Paid Members

It's a tragedy there's no more Tick coming. It was ace.

I'm 5 eps into The Boys and really digging it. It's different to the books but in a good way. The Supes are more fleshed out for one.

Having said that, I love the Preacher show. 

I've spoken on here before of my love for Tick season 2, genuinely gutting that it's no more. Enjoyed the first ep of The Boys, it's another comic I've read and loved in it's entirety. It's a nice touch having Simon Pegg play Hughie's dad but doesn't half make me feel old.

Legion is getting even weirder, I'm not sure how numbers for it are but I'd bet that a whole lot of Marvel fans have dropped off. It's a little too self indulgent which is nothing new for Noah Hawley, I personally love that about him and I'm sad to see it be cancelled with the Disney buy-out.

Hawley claims it wasn't cancelled, and that the show had a 3 season arc from the get go. I'm really enjoying it, shame we're not getting much more but I'll take a complete story over one that gets cancelled without wrapping up.

Any fans of Agents of Shield at all? It's also ending although we have one more shorter season to go on it; the show lasted far longer than anyone really expected and has really been a fantastic watch (after the first 3/4 of season 1 which was extremely dull). It started off based in the MCU but has done it's own thing for years now and covers a lot of the smaller stuff the movies don't touch (LMDs, a *good* Ghost Rider arc, etc). 

• Paid Members

I've read some more reviews on IMDB of The Boys, and a fair few folk are rating it very low due to all the (apparent) left-wing politics and anti-America sentiments, so I'll definitely be watching now.

The trailer does Karl Urban's accent no favours though.

• Paid Members

His accent is a proper mess. It is indeed quite left leaning. I finished it last night and overall really enjoyed it but was left a bit deflated by the ending. Also it takes itself progressively more seriously and leans away from the shock comedy and uber violence which is a shame IMO. I look forward to season 2 though.