Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I've watched about 4 episides of Jessica Jones and I don't think it's great, it hasn't tempted me to watch anymore. I managed about 3 episodes of Daredevil though I've been told by lots of different people that I should stick with it and it gets better. Maybe I will when I have nothing better to do

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

I thought Jessica Jones was terrible. Daredevil is good but just far too long and takes itself too seriously. This however, if they really embrace the blaxploitation feel and fill it with great songs like the trailers could be a ton of fun.

I went to see Suicide squad last night and I thought it was alright. It just dragged into places and a lot of the action sequences were kind of boring. My biggest problem was

Why was The Joker so infatuated with Harley? I am used to her being completely in love with him and he just doesn't give a shot. To the point where he is straight up abusive.

Is Civil War 2 worth a read? is there anywhere online I can get collected comics or a good rip or whatnot? There's fuck all comic shops around here and I cannot be arsed to faff finding individual entries. Worth waiting for collections to be released?

Is Civil War 2 worth a read? is there anywhere online I can get collected comics or a good rip or whatnot? There's fuck all comic shops around here and I cannot be arsed to faff finding individual entries. Worth waiting for collections to be released?

Reed Comics is a good one from what I've seen, has all the newer releases as well as plenty of back issues for decent prices and they take both PayPal and card payments

I went to see Suicide squad last night and I thought it was alright. It just dragged into places and a lot of the action sequences were kind of boring. My biggest problem was

Why was The Joker so infatuated with Harley? I am used to her being completely in love with him and he just doesn't give a shot. To the point where he is straight up abusive.

I've read that Joker being in love with Harley was a late addition to the story and a few scenes were re-shot as a result.

For example he originally threw her out of the helicopter as a sacrifice of some sort, but they re-worked it so it seemed he was doing it to save her life.

Maybe the original direction will be included in the form of deleted scenes on the dvd/blu ray. 

• Paid Members

Suicide Squad is much better than Batman v Superman, but it's very very average. A lot of the credit has to go to the actors, because they do as good a job as possible with some hokey lines. Smith and Margot have some right Chip Chipperson one liners that made my face screw up, but for the most part they add a lot to characters that could use a bit of work. For example, Margot Robbie and her arse is indeed a real treasure. Still, the apparently hastily added jokes were mostly nothings.

My biggest complaint by far is Jared Leto's Joker. Thought he was absolutely abysmal and I'm pleased they apparently cut down his screen time. Joker being a gangster-type is a good idea, but everything about the execution of it was proper bollocks. The Joker/Quinn story was poorly done too, I thought.

You definitely get the sense it's a film fighting to be too many things, which sort of makes some parts feel proper clunky. Like they wanted to make a bit too dark, but also they liked how light Guardians of the Galaxy was.

• Paid Members

More Leto shitting up the screen with his tin eared hammy interpretation ain't something I want more of, even if the story is slightly better. He was horrible.

I assume most of the scenes left out featured similar toe-curling growls and what not. Unless they only decided to leave in his worst parts, which I have a hard time believing.

Edited by ColinBollocks

The joker was truly awful, I also don't like Ledgers joker, but that was more a case of the story of TDK than his performance. Leto was a shit copy, half expected his henchman to be tribute Kane and Undertaker