Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

What??? Is this true?
I read - and saw pictures - that she had longer shorts covering all impudence, and they shortened them in post production.
I'm so confused and don't know what to believe now!

My only thing about having a pedal to Robbie is that she - by all accounts - has had Will Smith and he's apparently hung like butternut squash - and that would play on my head - so it'd be akin to trying to jockey an open welly boot.

Could just loosen me grip I suppose.

• Paid Members

I read - and saw pictures - that she had longer shorts covering all impudence, and they shortened them in post production.

I thought it was the other way around? She filmed in the hot pants, but some lucky sap had to add more material to some con trailer?

So The Tick pilot is up on Amazon Prime, I think I might be heartbroken if it doesn't get picked up for a full season. Ropey costume aside, it's a really clever take on the character and setting, totally left me wanting more.

• Awards Moderator

Link is not working for me. Is he just being a thin skinned bitch about his shitty performance, or does he have valid points?

That's weird, link's not working for me either. It came across to me as the former. Basically stuff along the lines of "well if you'd seen all the OTHER stuff that wasn't in the film, everyone would be talking about how amazing my performance was".

I agree with Scott on the film - take away Leto and the soundtrack and it's perfectly fine - and can offer no opinion on CGI bums.

• Paid Members

So The Tick pilot is up on Amazon Prime, I think I might be heartbroken if it doesn't get picked up for a full season. Ropey costume aside, it's a really clever take on the character and setting, totally left me wanting more.

Couldn't agree more. I thought it would be hard to top Warburton, but Peter Serafinowicz takes the best of both him and Townsend Colemans animated voice and make it as perfect as I think you'll get. Interesting that Arthur seems to be the lead, but thought it worked brilliantly. Really hope it gets a run. Loved the little Easter eggs in it too

• Paid Members

My biggest problem was

Why was The Joker so infatuated with Harley? I am used to her being completely in love with him and he just doesn't give a shot. To the point where he is straight up abusive.

Repeatedly returning to an incredibly abusive boyfriend isn't really in vogue for a ballsy female lead character

I liked Suicide Squad, it definitely wasn't perfect. I heard the Joker was hardly in it so I was pleased he was actually in it constantly. It seems like lots of people slagging it off didn't seem to know Joker wasn't going to be on the team, I thought they did a decent job of showing he's a part of the bigger story without being too involved in the direct story of the film. He didn't need to be in it for the story but I'll definitely take an extraneous appearance from the best comic book baddie ever over him not being in it. I liked him I think, he's certainly my favourite movie joker but that's not saying much. I don't think he should be judged too harshly yet as it was essentially an introductory extended cameo. I'm not the biggest fan of Harley Quinn but I found her cooler and less annoying than I expected.

I'm normally one to champion the big unrealistic larger than life action stuff in these films, I even like the last 45 minutes of man of steel but I feel it's what was the worst thing about Suicide Squad for me. I actually really enjoyed the disjointed, funny, music video first half a lot, seeing everyone being introduced in such a hectic way, finally seeing what Leto's Joker was like and cool Batman and Flash cameos were great it's the antagonist that left me cold. There are loads of lower key capery stories they could've done, that glowing monster brother thing of the enchantress didn't grab me at all, like I said I normally like monsters but he was boring and looked like he'd just walked out of the first Thor film. I didn't quite get the enchantress' story completely either and a wasn't really keen on her straight out of Ghostbusters supernatural floating deep voice routine. There were some cool visual aspects to her character though.

I also watched the new the Tick pilot, I'm a massive fan of the Tick and I enjoyed it a lot for the most part, it could easily end up being a better show than Warburton's one although I hope there are a lot more superheroes in future episodes. The production value looks great, it's written by the guy who created the Tick too so it's in good hands. I didn't realise it might not get a series, I hope it does. I've said before I think Patrick Warburton playing the Tick is the most spot on live action comic casting ever. I actually like Peter Serafinowicz but he's not quite there for me, compared to Warburton he looks bobble headed and saggy and his face isn't cool enough, I hate the eyeholes on his costume too. I think he's doing his absolute best effort at the role though and I think I'll get used to him. If they ever show him out of his costume I'll have to stop watching though.

The third Avengers film will feature superheroes from Guardians of the Galaxy, actor Vin Diesel has revealed.

The Hollywood star, who voices talking tree Groot in Guardians, let the news slip during a Facebook Live video on Friday.

Vin Diesel called the planned Avengers mash-up "incredibly exciting".

Guardians also starred Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper. Avengers: Infinity War is expected to include Marvel characters from across 18 films.

The movie will be released in May 2018.

A spokeswoman for Disney did not immediately respond to Diesel's comments.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is due in cinemas next May, reuniting the original ensemble cast along with Michael Rooker, Glenn Close and Karen Gillan.

Pom Klementieff joins the cast as alien hero Mantis, along with Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone and Sharon Stone.

When the film wrapped in June, Pratt said: "This is going to be the greatest spectacle film of all time."

Does that referrer to how many films there have been in the MCU upto this point?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

http://www.darkhorizons.com/deathstroke-is-the-villain-to-afflecks-batman/

It's looking likely that Deathstroke is going to be facing Batman in the upcoming solo Batman film. I could easily see him turning out to be a secondary villain but either way he's someone I'm happy to see, Batfleck vs the super assassin sounds great. Funny how characters can get "promoted", Deathstroke has been around since the 70s but he's only really taken off in the last few years and it seems like he's everywhere now.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the Deathstroke stuff on Arrow. Talking about Arrow apparently

Dolph Ludgren is playing the main villain in the flashbacks, while in the now the big bad is Prometheus. If they end Prometheus like they did to kick off Rise and Fall I may do a sex wee in my pants. I really want a tattoo of that.

• 2 weeks later...