Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

In the age we live in were everyone films everything on their phones, surely some footage of him 'practising' scary laughs in public would have surfaced. Any time I read something like that I tend to lean towards them being bullshit to try and show the actor taking the part seriously. I also don't believe that Leto didn't watch Ledger's version of the character as to avoid comparison.

• Paid Members

Dopper has touched on what got cut in his spoliers tag but it seems it was alot lot worse and more of it.  

Lots of bits removed or recut. 

Would have made a massive difference to the joker, if leto could have pulled it off any better is the big question.  

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

Finally managed to watch Suicide squad last night and all in all enjoyed it. I thought the entire cast were very good with what they had to play with, but the flaws were obvious and already mentioned.

The soundtrack just pissed me off as it was just unrelenting. There was no pacing and sense to the songs used and seemed just shoved in in an attempt to try and copy the guardians formula. I actually liked most of the songs but they just took away from the actual scene. 

Leto's Joker suffered from shocking editing though. For me the way the Joker sporadically popped in and out of the story on top of the pounding soundtrack or visuals that often accompanied his scenes took away from his performance. His appearances had no build up and I believe that with the right editing his performance would have been a hell of a lot creepier than it came across.

I think with the correct editing Leto could eventually become a very good Joker. 

Edited by lambyUK

Leto has joined the cast of the new Blade Runner film, so he might not be coming back to do any more DC films (in the near future). I would like to see him in the next Batman movie though, just to see how he would be with a little more screen time.

• Paid Members

Lads, I’ve watched this movie thrice. Besides the fact Ayer can really do no wrong in my eyes, It’s a decent flick and thoroughly enjoyable.

Agree with Muttoner there on the soundtrack though. It’s like some 17 year olds’ iPod on shuffle and is quite disconcerting, but besides that and Letos‘ pantomime Joker, it’s a nice way to pass a couple hours and certainly not some celluloid Holocaust that people are labeling it as.

But I am very, very disheartened that Robbie's bumcheeks were CGI.
I don’t really heave the stomach out of myself to celebrities anymore, but that was one that would have gotten the pause/fwd slo-mo x16 treatment on my media player, had they been legit.

• Paid Members

Lads, I’ve watched this movie thrice. Besides the fact Ayer can really do no wrong in my eyes, It’s a decent flick and thoroughly enjoyable.

Agree with Muttoner there on the soundtrack though. It’s like some 17 year olds’ iPod on shuffle and is quite disconcerting, but besides that and Letos‘ pantomime Joker, it’s a nice way to pass a couple hours and certainly not some celluloid Holocaust that people are labeling it as.

But I am very, very disheartened that Robbie's bumcheeks were CGI.

I don’t really heave the stomach out of myself to celebrities anymore, but that was one that would have gotten the pause/fwd slo-mo x16 treatment on my media player, had they been legit.

To be fair, I should delete my "right director" comment from my last post as you're completely right. From what I saw none of the faults I found would fall on him. 

Regarding Robbie's arse CGI, I think the CGI was for the TV spots to cover up her arse, rather than the other way around. 

Edited by lambyUK