Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Moderators

I don't think the critics are in Marvels pockets. I think in the non-critical media, in review aggregator sites that quote reviews and collate Twitter feedback, there's definitely a narrative that 'DC movies are shit. End of.'

They seem to lack any nuance.

BvS was a fucking shitty movie, mostly. Yet it did have some good bits and most reviews acknowledged that. But you wouldn't know if you just skimmed a digitalspy story or something like that.

Who the fuck wants to watch a shit film that has a few good bits?? Get the fuck outta here.

• Paid Members

People were expecting this to be the Fight Club of comic book movies, by the sounds of it.

It was marketed arse over bollock ways (from last years Comic Con dark teaser to the cheeky trailers of late) but it was still a good fucking movie...bar that cunting ending/last twenty minutes.

Some of the editing was a bit weird (which I’m sure will be eradicated in the obligatory ‘Extended Harder Cut), but it really isn’t as bad as a lot of people are making out.

"We need this site to be shut down because It's Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews, Like

1- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2016

2- Suicide Squad 2016

and that Affects people's opinion even if it's a really great movies"

I love the use of 'always' based off of two films, both which have released with 4 months of eachother

• Paid Members

"We need this site to be shut down because It's Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews, Like

1- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2016

2- Suicide Squad 2016

and that Affects people's opinion even if it's a really great movies"

I love the use of 'always' based off of two films, both which have released with 4 months of eachother

That would be Rotten Tomatoes that is owned by Flixster.........which is owned by Warner Brothers.

People are idiots.

A bad movie is a bad movie, even if it has a few enjoyable bit. Marvel films aren't perfect but there hasn't been one so far that hasn't at least been watchable.

I love Superman and Batman, as do most people my age but Man of Steel was just dull and when the action finally did kick off it was basically just transformers levels of CGI stuff hitting each other. Batman v Superman was better but again, just wasn't fun to sit through (and a serious film can be fun and enjoyable to watch)

I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad, I'm not expecting a Guardians Of The Galaxy level surprise but i'm hoping for a good popcorn movie.

• Paid Members

I think you’ll like Suicide Squad, Chokey. As you said, look at it as a popcorn flick, and it won’t do you any harm.

I’m going to see it again with me wee lad...who’s 6’2”...for his birthday this weekend. He’s shitting eggrolls in anticipation for it, and I’m quite looking forward to it again.

Devastated they aren’t Robbies real bumcheeks though.

Here, slightly off topic, but being a Carpenter man, what you reckon about the whole Luc Besson/Lockout/Escape From New York plagiarism lawsuit? Absolutely stumped me, because I didn’t think it was that glaring a rip off, compared to some other movies out there.

Suicide has my attention enough that no matter the reviews, I'll go and give it a go. Too many shitehawks on the Internet just dissing everything without trying it.

• Paid Members

I think you’ll like Suicide Squad, Chokey. As you said, look at it as a popcorn flick, and it won’t do you any harm.

I’m going to see it again with me wee lad...who’s 6’2”...for his birthday this weekend. He’s shitting eggrolls in anticipation for it, and I’m quite looking forward to it again.

Devastated they aren’t Robbies real bumcheeks though.

Here, slightly off topic, but being a Carpenter man, what you reckon about the whole Luc Besson/Lockout/Escape From New York plagiarism lawsuit? Absolutely stumped me, because I didn’t think it was that glaring a rip off, compared to some other movies out there.

It's a crazy decision. There's been films that have been far more blatant rip-offs made that haven't had any attention and Lockout was such a small film (It is good though) that I'm surprised they bothered. The similarities highlighted in the case were laughable as well.

Talking about Carpenter though, I could not be more excited for this http://victoriawarehouse.com/whats-on-manchester/john-carpenter-release-the-bats-uk-tour/ 

It's a crazy decision. There's been films that have been far more blatant rip-offs made that haven't had any attention and Lockout was such a small film (It is good though) that I'm surprised they bothered. The similarities highlighted in the case were laughable as well.

Talking about Carpenter though, I could not be more excited for this http://victoriawarehouse.com/whats-on-manchester/john-carpenter-release-the-bats-uk-tour/ 

Why does Carpenter not make films any more? I know his last few films have been poor, but I would love to see him directing something great again or at least given the opportunity to do. Is it a case that he is more interested in his music now and would prefer to produce rather than direct films?

• Paid Members

I think its a similar case to David Lynch in that they just can't be bothered with the studio process anymore. Neither were making the type of return to be able to just be given the money, no questions asked to make the films they want, especially at this point in their careers.

Carpenter seems happy enough touring his music, talking about film and championing the occasional video game although when he said he wanted to make a Dead Space film i did have a fan boy moment. 

• Paid Members

I'm all over Carpenter Live, Chokey!!!
I just googled it and he's playing Vicar Street in Dublin in October as well. Just waiting to get paid and getting two of them cunts.

I also got tickets to Aliens with the Live Orchestra. Three rows from the front, with the missus.

It's going to take my face clean off my skull when Bishops Countdown kicks in live, isn't it?

Went to see suicide squad last night. I enjoyed it. It's not a best ever superhero movie, but I didn't feel bored at any point during it. Some of it was a bit sappy, and the government woman just playing her character from sons could have been better, but for the whole I found it fun. Didn't mind the joker being a gangster type, luckily kept short in screen time as rest of his character was gash.

Margot Robbie before the change tho, them glasses :D