Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

the government woman just playing her character from sons could have been better, but for the whole I found it fun. 

They are played by completely different actresses. CCH Pounder (great name) is the DA in SOA. Viola Davis is in Suicide Squad. 

I liked the film, but it has lots of problems throughout, and there was far too much they tried to cram in which meant there was no time to actually digest anything. Still way better than Batman vs Superman though.

Went to see Suicide Squad earlier today. I thought it was very good and I enjoyed it, but I would have liked to have seen a little more Joker, and a stronger story and better antagonist(s) would have improved it a lot. Much like Batman v Superman though, it is much better than the reviews are making it out as being.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Suicide Squad, but there was plenty wrong with it. The main thing being that The Joker should never, ever, be amongst the least funny, least menacing, and least relevant characters in any film he's in. Leto's a great actor, but he just wasn't given enough to work with. He got maybe two lines that might have raised a slight chuckle, he came across as a bit nasty rather than deeply psychotic, and you could've taken him out of the film completely with virtually no consequences to the plot whatsoever.

Went to see Suicide Squad this afternoon and for the most part I enjoyed it, certainly kept my interest more than Batman vs Superman did. Thought Will Smith was the stand out of all the leads as Deadshot and his and Harley's chemistry shone bright (I believe he and Margot Robbie have paired off on screen before so that helped). Found Leto's Joker to be super creepy to be honest, like a hideous cross between Cesar Romero's campy Joker and Heath Ledger's psychotic verson, did like the brief nods to the Batman animated series though in the flashbacks. The two things that didn't sit right with me were The Flash suit and actor, not taken to him just yet as I'm a big fan of the TV version and would have liked to see how Grant Gustin would have played the role on the big screen, and Waller being part of the movie universe when 

she has been killed off on TV

but thats just being nitpicky

Saw it yesterday. Nowhere near as bad as reviews would make you believe, but there was still plenty of issues with it. I thought someone had left their iPod on for the first hour with the amount of licenced music that was used and the final act was pretty ropey. I actually found Harley to be pretty annoying and Killer Croc being mainly relegated to the background was a shame.

It was clear from the get go that Harley and Deadshot were the core of the group as they got the backstory segments while the others got "oh yeah, and there's these lads too". There's a scene with their mugshots on the wall, one of which was Slipknot who hadn't even been mentioned prior. And then you find out why, he's purely just there to set up a plot point.

I did enjoy the Batman cameo, but didn't think a great deal to Leto's take on Joker, but that could be down to him having less screen time than expected. I'm assuming he'll be the main villain in the standalone Batman that's out in a couple of years, so hopefully the character will be a tad more fleshed out.

Once it's out on BluRay, I might pick it up if it drops below a tenner. An OK two hours, but I'm not in any rush to see it again

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

My 12 year old nephew enjoyed Suicide Squad, although he felt it was a bit childish & naff in places. He thought Joker's "hahahahaha" tattoo was mega cool though, because if you're the Joker it makes sense to write that on yourself because that's the sound people make after hearing a joke.

• Paid Members

Wasn't 100% on Luke Cage in Jessica Jones but that trailer looks awesome. It's pretty niche but I read that every episode is named after a Gang Starr song which makes it even cooler. One of them has got be called 'Suckas Need Bodyguards'.

• Paid Members

I could be reading way too much into the trailer but it looks like they are going for another totally different feel to this series (like they did with Jessica Jones) If they keep the exploitation theme up then they have me won over. 

The official Robert Downey Jr account posted a fan image which listed everyone who could be appearing in Avengers 3 & 4 and it listed all the tv characters. What do we think the chances of them actually turning up in it are? It could be a total cluster fuck having that many characters but if we don't get an epic shot of them all lined up, ready to fight Thanos I'll be gutted