What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Awards Moderator

Bottom is 25 years old today.

aoW8eDy.png

To 12 year old me it was the most perfect show. Violent slapstick, OTT swearing, grotty stuff and good gags. Gas is one of the best half hours in sitcom history.

• Paid Members

I remember seeing the first ever episode (Smells) with my brother and absolutely wetting ourselves when they're writing the personal ad.

"Musky, musky fox, musky sly old foxy stoat, minky musky sly old stoaty stoaty stoat... Oh this is ridiculous!"

Bottom is the perfect show for that pre-teen age period. The perfect mix of childish and adult humour. I'll always remember watching it at my Nan's house on a Friday night and her tutting throughout it at all the swearing. Friday night, 9pm on BBC2. Red Dwarf or Shooting Stars, then Bottom, followed by The Fast Show.

Such a shame they never got round to doing the series of them in the old peoples home that they always planned on doing. That would have been marvellous. RIP Rik, you dangerous bastard.

I've managed to get my Mrs into the show over the past year and want to show he some of the live shows. It's been years since I've watched any of them and can't remember which is which. Which is the best to go for?

• Moderators

It was alright. Nothing spectacular. The revelation at the end was really funny though and had me looking forward to the next episode. And I'm quite enjoying these long story arcs they've been doing more of instead of just contained one offs. It's a nice way to freshen the show up as it has been running so long.

Glad to see Rami Malek win at the Emmys for Mr Robot. Well deserved. Definitely something to watch if you haven't already.

Also nice to see Tatiana Maslany win for Orphan Black. Not exactly the best show on TV or anything but she's a fantastic actress carrying many roles over the years on that show.

• Moderators

Oh shit that ending to the season of Vice Principals!

Spoiler below so if you haven't seen ep9 yet don't click.

Who do we think is the shooter?  I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually Lee Russell seeing as he's such a psychopath and all. Or MIs Abbott afdter the whole "You're a dirty truck driver thing" and Gamby even ignoring her on his victory lap of the school with Russell towards the end of the episode this week

Edited by PowerButchi

I couldn't get into Mr Robot. Watched the first few.. Nothing terrible just didn't grab me. Also it was a bit 'Dexter with computers', and I hated Dexter.

I must admit I was pretty much the same the first time round. Think I watched about 4 and didn't exactly love it.

I've returned to it now and binge-watched everything up to the S2 finale and it's been very enjoyable.

Sometimes I'm just not very patient with shows. It happened with Breaking Bad and I didn't really love that until I was able to watch a lot at once.