What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

International Gladiators had our old friend Mike Adamle on it. He called Jet "The Jetter!" Which might have been a playful nickname, or it may have been Mike being all mental again. Hard to tell.

I was saying to someone, maybe even on here just recently, i LOVED Adamle on the international series.  Fuck ups aside, he bought a real credibility to things, that line on Berry's Gauntlet run "It's like trying to catch smoke!" has always stuck with me, i ate that up as a kid.  I was psyched when Vince bought him in, shame it never panned out.

Anyone remember the 'celebrity' edition, where Fash absolutely fucking dominated?  I don't remember the specifics, but I'm sure he basically knocked Shadow off in Duel, Beat Jet in Hang Tough, and sparked out Cobra with a spinning roundhouse or summat.  Up there with the Bargain Hunt celeb editions where everything magically sells for a fucking fortune.

Edited by John Matrix

• Moderators

Marc Mero, in his Johnny B. Badd days, when ITV showed WCW Worldwide on Saturday afternoons, was due to be in the celebrity edition. He massacred everyone in the dry-run, but badly injured his knee in the eliminator, and was replaced when it was taped for TV.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Marc Mero, in his Johnny B. Badd days, when ITV showed WCW Worldwide on Saturday afternoons, was due to be in the celebrity edition. He massacred everyone in the dry-run, but badly injured his knee in the eliminator, and was replaced when it was taped for TV.

Mero had potential to kill the Gladiators off, there. He could have showed them up. Unlike everyone else who took part, Mero was as roided up as they were. Might have been able to do Shadow on the cotton bud challenge. Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Were Barry Norman's Alright on the Night shows canned laughter? Surely they were. Who'd go to a fucking screening of watching Pam Ferris taking 10 mins to get her lines right, with Barry Norman boring you into oblivion in between the hilarious clips.

I have seen audience tickets for IBAOTN tapings. I saw Tarrent on TV once be recorded and it was him doing the in between bits and then playing the clips

On the note of audience laughter etc, one of my favourite shows ever is Father Ted. In the episode where Bishop Brennan visits with the rabbits etc, when Bishop Brennan spots the rabbit shit on the floor, and Ted says "That's caviar" the squeal from the woman watching in the audience when he delivers that line makes the fucking scene. It absolutely destroys me everytime. Go back and watch it and listen out.

• Paid Members

The audience laughter always seemed to add to The IT Crowd as well. My favourite scene, when they go to the theatre and Moss ends up working behind the bar- the timing of that bit along with the audience absolutely dying is perfect. Comedy timing at its very, very best that scene.

• Paid Members

Mark me down as another one who enjoyed Goodnight Sweetheart. Nicholas Lyndhurst was pretty great - I especially enjoyed the Lineker line! Simple but funny

Apparently the Young Hyacinth one was good too - did anyone catch that?