What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

An absolutely sterling day of entertainment on Bank Holiday Monday. Eight hours of Gladiator repeats on Challenge. Just unbelievable action, I felt like I'd been banging it up the Travelator for the best part of the day after that was done, let me tell you.

John Fashanu was wearing his trousers so high at one point, that it exceeded the height of Ulrika Johnson's perfectly coiffured hair. Plus in one episode we had A DRAW! even with the advent of MODERN VIDEO REPLAY TECHNOLOGY! in front of the expert septuagenarian eyes of noted sex symbol John Anderson.  

Also a great moment when it turned out that one contestant had postponed his honeymoon in favour of Gladiator's, would have loved to have heard that one: "Sorry love, we can't go to the Costa del Sol, I'm spending the weekend down the NEC swinging from a bungee with The Wolfman"

I'm pleased to say that I also spent my Bank Holiday Monday watching Gladiators on Challenge. It was the first series, fantastic stuff. The DEAD HEAT in the Eliminator between the former paratrooper and Royal Marine was brilliant. 

• Paid Members

I think the absolute best part of that was the guy on the left who didn't even attempt to go through the paper leg first (I.e. Normally). Just thinks 'oh well' and dives headfirst like Ted Crilly out the window when Bishop Brennan catches him trying to kick him up the arse.

Edited by Gus Mears

Is The Night Of any use, gents and ladies?

I have enjoyed it so far. Usual good HBO quality. First episode and last episode are 90 minutes, the other 6 are an hour long. It's a difficult show to describe but its like a timeline story from the crime being committed to the trial stage. Its seems to meander between True Detective, Oz & Law & Order. Actors from other HBO shows seem to make a lot of cameo's.

Cheers Ross, thanks for that.

Going to give this a bash tonight...

It's a US remake of the BBC show Criminal Justice from a few years ago, if you ever saw that.

• Awards Moderator

I met Saracen last year. He still wears his Gladiators fleece from when he was on the programme. I've mentioned this in several threads before, but if there's any story you can dine out on, it's meeting a Gladiator.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Zodiac came to my school to encourage us to do press ups or something. I used to have a picture of me and her, chilling. 

For a moment I got Zodiac and Nightshade mixed up in my head and thought this was the worst boast of all time.