What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Just got done with this a couple of nights ago. Very enjoyable stuff, but it does seem to be suffering from the usual "OMG! This is the greatest thing everz~!" that seems to accompany a lot of the Netflix Originals. People go mental for it in the first series then the second comes along and then it's all "it's ok I guess" as it's no longer the flavour of the month. Narcos is back for its second series in a couple of weeks and I'm fully expecting that to get said treatment

• Paid Members

Fox are showing a remake of Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween. It features Laverne Cox as Frank N Furter, Victoria Justice as Janet, Adam Lambert as Eddie and Tim Curry will be the narrator.

I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm curious to see how Laverne Cox (who is trans herself) is compared to Tim Curry and David Bedella.

Edited by Bettencourt

• Paid Members

I just got done with Stranger Things this evening.

A belting little show that, kids were all brilliant, especially 11. It was very Stephen King-y and Speilberg-y as others have mentioned but all in a good way.

A top watch, not a 'Greatest Show Ever' effort but in a similar ilk to the likes of Kingdom Hospital.

Saw a preview for West World in the cinema thats coming to Sky Atlantic. I think JJ Abrams is behind this and its based off an old series.

Anyway I think I might end up liking this, if anyone hasn't seen it there are trailers out there. 

It's based on the Michael Crichton film starring Yul Brenner.  The TV show looks pretty good to me.

• Paid Members

Caught up with Vice Principals over the weekend. Some big shoes to fill coming from the same crew as 'Eastbound & Down' but 4 episodes in & it's a belter. Walton Goggins is gloriously camp & the black guy who works in the kitchen is amazing. Top stuff.

Ive finished watching all seasons of shameless so now I've started game of thrones.

I struggled with got in the past just because there are so many characters and stories going on but on this viewing I'm really into it.

Onto season 2 and the missus is even getting into it which is a suprise considering how much she stomped and kicked about watching it.

Throwing this in there aswel it's truly fustrating watching something like this where you have to really focus with a 8 week old baby in the room that loves too make noise when mummy and daddy are watching tv

Caught up with Vice Principals over the weekend. Some big shoes to fill coming from the same crew as 'Eastbound & Down' but 4 episodes in & it's a belter. Walton Goggins is gloriously camp & the black guy who works in the kitchen is amazing. Top stuff.

I don't really get it.  Thought the first ep was good, second one was alright but by the ad break this week i've given up

• Moderators

Just blasted all 5 eps over the past couple of days. It's fantastic, isn't it? It's not as good as Eastbound and Down, but little is. Walton Goggins is an absolute force f nature in it.  Surely one of the best character actors working today. Something so unsettling about him, his slight redneck accent always adds an extra layer of creepiness to his parts.

• Paid Members

For me, Eastbound & Down didn't really find it's feet until the 2nd season anyway so I'm more than willing to let everyone in Vice Principals get comfy, fully confident with the people involved. Any scene with Danny McBride interacting with children is fucking gold.