What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

Been getting through Gomorrah the past couple of weeks. It's really, really great. I've only got four episodes left. 

The change in

Genny when he suddenly gets back from Honduras is one of my favourite character flips ever. From bumbling oaf to dead-eyed, mohawked, bad motherfucker. Reminds me of when Beecher took PCP in Oz, and went from scaredy lawyer prag to shitting in Shillinger's mouth and biting Robson's bell off, and nobody wanting to fuck with him.

Team Genny all the way. Fuck-a Ciro.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Wentworth that's based on Prisoner Cell Block H, have just added a character Jake Stewart, obviously based on the greatest TV Vilian Jock Stewart.

Sadly with Wentworth it will be watered down a bit from the original but better acted.

The guy on the first episode didn't look to intimidating but I'm sure he'll have his way with the Women

Can't link YouTube on my phone but there is a ton of great Jock Stewart stuff

Edited by the_mole

• Paid Members

I know you didn't like OITNB from the start, Astro, but I thought it was alright. It's gone to absolute shit now though. That last season was too much, with them crow barring in social justice references at every turn.

ADAFF0C9-0400-4C13-A3AD-138001592D8E_zps

Anyone remember this lad from the late 90s Sky One schedule?

Well, Breaking The Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed (possibly the longest title in the history of television) has recently been added to Netflix. I used to love it when I was a kid, but I figured there were only the four episodes, the forth of which finished with The Masked Magician being revealed. Speculation at the time seemed to suggest it was David Copperfield. Turns out it was some guy no-one had ever heard of.

Then there was a fifth special with a different guy who looked like Tommy Wiseau

15D7731A-167B-4070-81B0-2AACCF982460_zps.

Furthermore, there was a 13 episode series featuring the original Masked Magician that followed years later in HD and everything, yet still screams of 90s goodness complete with cringy voiceover from the X Files' Mitch Pileggi. Even Maria Kanellis shows in an episode as a model.

Cheesy as hell, but a nostalgia trip nonetheless

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Round a friends house who, for whatever reason, has Will and Grace on. It's even worse now than I remember it being, so awful I can't put it into words. I'm going to chug some Toilet Duck to take the pain away, help me.

I think I may have to do a review of an episode, future generations deserve to know how bad this series was.

• Paid Members

Round a friends house who, for whatever reason, has Will and Grace on. It's even worse now than I remember it being, so awful I can't put it into words. I'm going to chug some Toilet Duck to take the pain away, help me.

I think I may have to do a review of an episode, future generations deserve to know how bad this series was.

Do it. My wife has been binge-watching it lately as well for some reason, it's fucking rotten. Every joke is obvious and shit. My wife doesn't even laugh at it, what's the point in watching that shite if you aren't laughing at it? Edited by PunkStep