What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Le Blanc isn't wrong, is he? So many were praising him for his efforts and equally saying how shit, annoying and outdated Evans' TGIF style was.

I like Le Blanc on Top Gear, oozes natural charisma. Evans can rightly fuck off, so this is a good thing.

i only saw the last episode but thought Le Blanc was worse than Evans, his delivery was shite.

on a completely unrelated note, what the fuck is this!?...

(it's been cancelled already)

• Paid Members

Anyone see any of that OJ Simpson Made In America documentary series? Its pretty damn good. Quite extreme, though. Cant believe they were allowed to show pictures of Nicole with her throat opened up after the murder. Could have done without that. But its got interviews with most of the key characters and all the good footage is in there.

I knocked out the whole series of Stranger Things on Netflix this weekend. It's like a mash up of almost everything good Stephen King and Spielberg did in the 80's, with lashings of John Carpenter and a smidge of Wes Craven. Best TV show of the year so far and fun for all the family. Winona Ryder is brilliant and still attractive playing a batshit mental old dear. The little girl will break your heart. Just a shame it's only 8 episodes. 

• Awards Moderator

Thanks for the recommendation, I saw a trailer for it earlier and thought 'that looks just like a Spielberg film!' Good to know that persists in the show.

Some absolutely mental stuff in that last episode, although I was disappointed they didn't show the clip from Saturday Night Armistice when Armando Iannucci got his autograph, then unfurled it to reveal the full text of "I did it, signed, OJ SImpson"

One of my all time favourite things ever, remember watching it when I was younger. BBC2 Friday Nights: Armistice, The High Life, Bottom > anything else

• Moderators

Just finished episode 5, two to go. Fucking hell this is powerful stuff. Alan Bleasdale is god, isn't he? Robert Lindsay is absolutely treemendous in it, and fuck me Palin can act.

Surely in the argument for finest British drama of all time.

Edited by PowerButchi

GBH is a great show, I rented it from Blckbuster in teh late 90s to show my girlfriend at University at the time. She wasn't impressed and we didn't last much longer. I really should watch it again, probably haven't done so in a decade. 

• Paid Members

Stranger Things... it's magic. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this show, there are some clearly ropey bits but on the whole it captures the mood of a Steven Spielberg adaptation of a recently-discovered Stephen King novel from about 1983. Just lovely, mythical stuff.