What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Haven't gotten round to watching this yet, but really fucking have to...and soon.

One of the lads in the job says "Maaaan, you HAVE to watch the Night Of...it's fuccckiiinnnnn filllthy, so it is, yeah?"

He smells like vinegar, wet dog and Deep Heat most days, so I don't like taking his advice on things...

• Paid Members

Heard nothing but good things about 'The Night Of..', it's next on the list to start as we've (finally) started 'Narcos'. I'm a big John Turturro fan so as soon as I saw he was involved my interest was already piqued. 

This weeks episode of 'Vice Principals' was another belter with some gold from Walton Goggins. I hope it's done well in the states as I want loads more of this.

Edited by Dead Mike

First episode of Red Dwarf XI is already up on the UKTV Play app.

Enjoyed it, a lot. Very series 5 with a touch of Tikka To Ride, a good opener. Some very funny one liners and a great guest turn.

Just watched that on Sky Catchup, absolutely brilliant episode, the show has got better and better since Dave relaunched it

• Paid Members

The James Franco roast is one of the funniest things I've ever seen...

Just looking on iPlayer for something, and a programme featuring Purple Aki "The Man Who Squeezes Muscles" is on there and looks brand new....is this a new programme indeed?

Just noticed that on iplayer. I searched for the 'local nutters' thread thats on here to post a link but couldnt find it.

First episode of Red Dwarf XI is already up on the UKTV Play app.

Enjoyed it, a lot. Very series 5 with a touch of Tikka To Ride, a good opener. Some very funny one liners and a great guest turn.

Just watched that on Sky Catchup, absolutely brilliant episode, the show has got better and better since Dave relaunched it

I wouldn't go as far as to call it brilliant. It was ok, but nothing all that good or funny really.

• Awards Moderator

The Hunted returns next week. Quite enjoyed the first series (on 4OD if anyone hasn't seen it). A gameshow/reality show of people going on the run.

Yes! Lots of fun. Really easy to play armchair coach too. "Why didn't he use the A47? There's no cameras there. And they could easily sell those shoes for a lift..."

Anyone with a passing interest in computer games should try Dara O'Briain's 8-bit. A competitive show with lots of good fun. Legitimised by genuine fan Dara and the excellent Ellie Gibson, it's love for gaming shines through.

• Paid Members

I thought 8-Bit, like most gaming-related programming on UK TV, was fucking dreadful. Celebrities, who knew little to nothing about games, being dead shit at Sonic. Awful. I know Dara is a genuine fan, but it felt like he was only allowed to do a show about gaming if it followed this shit, celebrity based panel show formula. It'd have been a far more enjoyable show if he was able to just sit down with guys like Charlie Brooker, or Graham Linehan, or whoever, genuine fans, and just have a chat about games.

I feel like the Internet has made such a show completely obsolete. Now that people can produce whatever content they like, where genuinely interesting shows about gaming can be made, with interesting discussion, this type of shallow dross really stands out.

This weeks episode of 'Vice Principals' was another belter with some gold from Walton Goggins. I hope it's done well in the states as I want loads more of this.

I think it was conceived as a two-season show, so next year's run will be the last. Although Eastbound was also planned that way, I think, and ended up doing four seasons.