What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

That goal against Manure in the World Club Cup or whatever it's called ... epic.

The build to West World is really kicking in now, I can not wait for it to get going. I brought it up at work the other day and half my Office asked 'What's it about?' I was shocked at how they'd never seen the film.

So AHS has started too, I was really put off the show with Freak Show and couldn't get into Hotel. Did anyone see the first ep? If so what angle are they going with?

• Paid Members

Who do we think is the shooter?  I wouldn't be surprised if it's
actually Lee Russell seeing as he's such a psychopath and all. Or MIs Abbott
afdter the whole "You're a dirty truck driver thing" and Gamby even ignoring her
on his victory lap of the school with Russell towards the end of the episode
this week

Watched the finale of Vice Principals last night.

It was sooo good. I was crying at Gamby trying to hesitantly deliver his 'end
of the line bitch' line in the woods'. I was thinking Miss Abbott or Bill Hayden
after Gamby had said he was getting fired? Probably end up being Russell to set
up their rivalry for S2?

• Paid Members

So AHS has started too, I was really put off the show with Freak Show and couldn't get into Hotel. Did anyone see the first ep? If so what angle are they going with?

It seems to be a mockumentary based around those trash tv shows like "neighbors from hell", set in Roanoke. I'm fully prepared for mounting disappointment.

• Moderators

The new AHS doesn't seem like enough of a hot mess yet. It does always go off the rails, but it's still filled with amazing moments and performances, like Evan Peters' James Patrick Marsh in Hotel, or Kathy Bates' severed head watching Roots in Coven. This is the first season I wasn't immediately sold on. Apart from the tooth-rain, there was nothing crazy enough to seem like it fit.

The build to West World is really kicking in now, I can not wait for it to get going. I brought it up at work the other day and half my Office asked 'What's it about?' I was shocked at how they'd never seen the film.

I've never heard of the film either. I'm guessing it has the same name?

I discovered at the weekend that The Originals series 3 is now on Netflix. Still great as ever. I don't think i've ever watched a show along with The Vampire Diaries that has so many twists and turns.

• Paid Members

I watched the film recently (it's on Sky Atlantic tonight and on demand too), really enjoyed it. Yul Brynner is great in it. Although you can tell it's made in 1971 given the production, the storyline is so ahead of its time- especially the dialogue when talking about the robots. Looking forward to the series.