What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Just a heads up for those interested National Treasure with Robbie Coltrane begins tonight at 9pm on Channel 4. It's about a celebrity being accused of rape from years back.  It's basically a drama about Yewtree.  Coltrane usually puts in a great performance in dramas. Should be worth a watch.

• Paid Members

Just avoid An Arse Oddity, it's fucking awful.  It's the worst thing Rik and Ade have ever done. 

i always remember people slagging off Arse Oddity back in the day, i always liked it though. The Nottingham bit in part 2 had me in tears the first time i heard it.

• Paid Members

Apologies if this has already been covered, but has anyone been watching Brain Dead?

Caught it on Amazon Prime on a whim, and it's ace. Essentially a meteor hits earth and flesh eating space ants start come out of it and begin crawling into people's brains, specifically in Washington DC and making everyone have really extreme views, and generally being really stupid. 

It's a really fun political satire which completely flew under the radar for me until I stumbled upon it. Would recommend highly!

• Paid Members

I don't understand- James Cameron had nothing to do with 1984?

The Terminator, I think! That came out in 1984, and The Man In Black has a touch of the Schwarzeneggers about him.

Ahhh I see! I thought he meant the film/book 1984. In that case yes, you can definitely see the inspiration behind the Terminator character. Especially T2000.

• Paid Members

The new AHS doesn't seem like enough of a hot mess yet. It does always go off the rails, but it's still filled with amazing moments and performances...

I really couldn't get into Hotel and gave up after about 3 episodes. I was very disappointed considering I loved every other series. Just downloading ep1 of the new series so we'll see.

The new AHS doesn't seem like enough of a hot mess yet. It does always go off the rails, but it's still filled with amazing moments and performances...

I really couldn't get into Hotel and gave up after about 3 episodes. I was very disappointed considering I loved every other series. Just downloading ep1 of the new series so we'll see.

I liked hotel but it did take a couple of episodes to get into.  

With AHS I have to wait until its finished and binge watch them, my brain cant take a weekly bit at a time of it.  Not complaining, I love an AHS Saturday!