What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The Exorcist mini series debuts in the US tonight on Fox. I'm interested in seeing how the storyline based on the movie spreads out across a few episodes.  The Syfy channel in the UK have also picked this up and is due to air late October.  I'll be downloading the 1st episode tomorrow to see what it's like.

• Paid Members

Ha.. Funny that. I just started it from the beginning again for the third time last week, Scotty! Fantastic show. The reveal at the end of the big court case that gets Hal off the hook is one of my favourite moments of tv.

In terms of villain of the week shows, my favourite is Psych. No idea if they're still making it but I very much enjoy watching it at 9:30am after Frasier.

It has featured John Cena and Keanu.

That was absolutely fucking joyous. One of the best twists ever...and it never gets old.

I love the irrelevant prologues. This one in particular creased me until I had a sneezing fit that lasted so long it felt like the most uncomfortable orgasm I ever had...

I've timestamped it, but it's from 5:30 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfmhZbGvOE8#t=5m30s

Psych is also absolutely wonderful and up there with Community as far as having it's finger on the pulse on pop cultural zeitgeist. Think I'll start that again actually...thanks Chest!

• Paid Members

I've been wrote off with nasal polyps and allergies and have a constant feeling like I want to sneeze but can't.

So in my misery I've been watching Malcolm in the Middle from start to finish. It's the greatest tv show of all time, particularly from Season 5 onwards...

The greatest TV show of all time.

My favourite episode of that show is where Lois enters the beauty pagent. The whistling scene is wonderful.

I'm watching that 8 Bit with Dara O'Briain and it's a bit cringe (someone was just triggered) even compared to older videogame shows. Gamesmaster somehow comes across as reasonably cool still, it had a brilliant aesthetic and Dominiks sardonic personality could work today.