Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

 

It is fascinating watching WWE get TKO’d. The amount of goodwill you can see being chipped away almost daily is incredible. I wonder if it’ll go the same way as UFC. Becoming this soulless, hollow shell of what it once was, designed purely for cynical profit and MAGA support. I went from being a hardcore UFC fan, watching everything, to not even keeping up with the results. Thoughts and prayers to the tribal nutters who refuse to watch AEW. I think it’s going to be a rough few years.

It's quite something if you think that TKO makes WWE ran under Vince look like the opposite of a soulless hollow shell run entirely for profit. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

It is fascinating watching WWE get TKO’d. The amount of goodwill you can see being chipped away almost daily is incredible. I wonder if it’ll go the same way as UFC. Becoming this soulless, hollow shell of what it once was, designed purely for cynical profit and MAGA support.

https://www.thesportster.com/wwe-music-producer-def-rebel-set-to-work-with-ufc/#:~:text=The UFC Will Now Be Getting Music Produced By Def Rebel&text=It's been reported by Puroresu,reason being to cut costs.
 

so that’s a way for the UFC to save money AND become a soulless hollow shell.

Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

You couldn't get away with that today, fans were slapping each other in the face all the time.

Kel from Kenan and Kel used to love him tbf.

Posted

As much as we all enjoy R-Truth , i do think to myself he is nearly mid fifties now, they have dozens of new talent coming through literally 30 years younger than him. I do see the logic of not renewing his contract. Yes he still looks and moves great but if they give him a 2 year contract then he will closer to 60 than 50 by the end of that term.

Posted

I'm not sure why his age matters at all. He was over with the fans, could make his act work at every level as a face or heel, and was very recently shifting good amounts of merchandise.

If they had any other wrestlers in his mould that he was 'holding back' I could understand it. I'm not a regular viewer, but I don't know of anyone they have that can fill his role. Especially with Carlito also gone, someone else who did comedy well. Joe Hendry if they bring him in full-time? Does Otis still do his Vince-approved style of humour?

 

Posted
19 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is Kota Ibushi still being paid by AEW? I know he had that bad ankle injury at the start of last year and has only wrestled maybe ten times since, but he hasn’t been on AEW for over 18 months

Last bit of news was Ibushi and Shida were waiting on new visas.

Posted
27 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The best thing about her was Michael Cole's obsession with her horns.

The worst thing about her was she was a bit too into the White pure blood shit for real for me.

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, The Dart said:

If by recently, you mean 3 years ago, then yes.

I suppose in the sense any jobber there can have a 15 year career, 3 years is relatively recent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...