DavidB6937 Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 The Miz is fine. One of the most inoffensive middling guys they've got. The kinda guy that you could take away without telling anyone and it'd probably take a few months before anyone asked where he was. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 I've never been particularly bothered about The Meh. Solid enough opponent for anyone good, unlikeable enough as a heel to never really get over as a face, but overall just comes across like a wrestler using all the basic tips and tricks he's learned about wrestling to make it look like he has something of a character. He can project, and walk like he belongs there. The "I'm the Miz, and I'm awesome" was simple, but so boring, formulaic, and obvious - but he kept bashing away with it until people just went "well, that's his thing, I guess". Best thing he ever did wasn't actually him - that promo video for his WM main event with Cena. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 32 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Best case, his positives are amplified in that environment, and he’s a genuinely good addition to their roster. And I think that’s what would happen - similar to when Christian joined. He’ll have his doubters, but he’d win them round. Well the problem with this statement is that Christian is one of the greatest all round TV wrestlers ever. And the other guy is The Miz and he's fucking rubbish. Quote
digforvictory Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 Fucking hell I thought it was bad when we had people on here advocating for Braun Strowman to go to AEW but now it's The Miz?!?!!? I don't even hate The Miz like a lot of people do but come on. Miz would be so badly out of his depth trying to wrestle in an AEW style, it would be horrendous. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 (edited) 29 minutes ago, Carbomb said: overall just comes across like a wrestler using all the basic tips and tricks he's learned about wrestling to make it look like he has something of a character. I don't think I can think of anyone who features so little character in his actual wrestling. For probably the only guy in WWE in the past twenty years to actually somewhat dedicate themselves to being a genuine heel (rather than a cool heel) it's absolutely remarkable how he has never actually wrestled a match as a heel. He wrestlers like the blank default CAW. He just does stuff. No gravity, emotion, tension or anything. And that Talking Smack promo is insanely overrated. The fact that it's the only clip of The Miz that ever gets shared anywhere sums his career up pretty nicely. Edited June 4, 2025 by LaGoosh Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 The Miz is the shits and has been there for 20 years and has never developed instincts the whole time. His defining moment was a few years ago during the segment when Shane fucked up at Wrestlemania and The Miz was lost and frozen whereas Snoop Dogg showed much smarter natural instincts and confidence in how to respond. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 Also, he's a Trumpcunt, so fuck him. His best achievement was marrying Maryse. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Well the problem with this statement is that Christian is one of the greatest all round TV wrestlers ever. And the other guy is The Miz and he's fucking rubbish. Except when AEW signed him, he’d only just come out of retirement - and the reaction was overwhelmingly negative. And he not only proved himself, but surpassed even the loftiest of expectations. 1 hour ago, digforvictory said: Fucking hell I thought it was bad when we had people on here advocating for Braun Strowman to go to AEW but now it's The Miz?!?!!? I don't even hate The Miz like a lot of people do but come on. Miz would be so badly out of his depth trying to wrestle in an AEW style, it would be horrendous. This kind of thing has been said about so many wrestlers recently, only for them to prove the doubters wrong. Who’d ever have advocated for AEW to sign ‘Big Cass’? Same goes for Shaun Spears. A lot of people here were very down on the idea of Bobby Lashley jumping to AEW, and he’s won people over. Toni Storm is another example, as is Ricochet. Over in WWE you have Karrion Kross, who has gone from being consistently bland to consistently entertaining. Look, maybe Miz would be terrible in AEW and you’d be able to point at me and say ‘told you so!’ but one thing I think we should all learn from the above is not to dismiss anyone. For me, Miz in AEW would be interesting because he’s so different, and so WWE that it’s hard to even imagine him in that environment - if he didn’t work out, they could drop him as they have with many other wrestlers. But it’s such a fascinating prospect, I’d like to see it happen. 1 hour ago, Carbomb said: Also, he's a Trumpcunt, so fuck him. His best achievement was marrying Maryse. Ah is he? I didn’t know that, what a shame. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: And that Talking Smack promo is insanely overrated. The fact that it's the only clip of The Miz that ever gets shared anywhere sums his career up pretty nicely. Only other memory I have of The Miz, is that time he tried to act tough with Brock and getting a chair chucked at him, for the effort. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 4 hours ago, mim731 said: Then he's definitely not getting sacked. They won't miss out on crossover publicity, no matter how shit. Braun Strowman has a new food travel show coming out this year which is airing on USA Network, home of Smackdown, and they sacked him days before the show was announced as premiering later in the year, so there’s a chance. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 34 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Except when AEW signed him, he’d only just come out of retirement - and the reaction was overwhelmingly negative. And he not only proved himself, but surpassed even the loftiest of expectations. That's not quite how I remembered it. If I recall correctly AEW had Big Show debut on Dynamite which really blew people away because he was seen as a WWE lifer. Big Show then immediately announced an even BIGGER debut would happen at the PPV coming up that weekend. Naturally that got people absolutely buzzing and Christian was seen as anticlimactic. I don't think generally people were against him being signed, rather just the let down debut. But regardless of that, Christian had built up a consistently strong enough body of work over the years that I don't think it was a surprise to most people that he turned out good. The Miz absolutely does not have the body of work built up over his career to suggest he has any hidden depth or talent that he hasn't had the chance to show. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: Except when AEW signed him, he’d only just come out of retirement - and the reaction was overwhelmingly negative. And he not only proved himself, but surpassed even the loftiest of expectations. Thing is, I don't think Christian is a good comparison - he'd proven he could get over outside of WWE with his run in TNA, plus he had a long career in which his work established him as a master of his craft. The Meh doesn't have that behind him. 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: This kind of thing has been said about so many wrestlers recently, only for them to prove the doubters wrong. Who’d ever have advocated for AEW to sign ‘Big Cass’? Same goes for Shaun Spears. A lot of people here were very down on the idea of Bobby Lashley jumping to AEW, and he’s won people over. Toni Storm is another example, as is Ricochet. Over in WWE you have Karrion Kross, who has gone from being consistently bland to consistently entertaining. Thing about these is that most of them had relatively short runs in WWE, so didn't have much time to establish whether they were shit or not. The Mizcarder has had a long career of generally unremarkable work in his locker. I'd say, out of the ones you've mentioned, it was unreasonable to expect Lashley to be shit. He'd shown himself capable of evolution over a comparatively longer career than the others, and did quite well in TNA. 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: Look, maybe Miz would be terrible in AEW and you’d be able to point at me and say ‘told you so!’ but one thing I think we should all learn from the above is not to dismiss anyone. For me, Miz in AEW would be interesting because he’s so different, and so WWE that it’s hard to even imagine him in that environment - if he didn’t work out, they could drop him as they have with many other wrestlers. But it’s such a fascinating prospect, I’d like to see it happen. I thinks this argument holds more water, though - it may be that for most of his WWE run he's been played as a defensive midfielder instead of an out-and-out striker, and perhaps AEW's ethos, production, booking, and presentation suits him best. That said, it does seem extremely unlikely. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: That's not quite how I remembered it. If I recall correctly AEW had Big Show debut on Dynamite which really blew people away because he was seen as a WWE lifer. Big Show then immediately announced an even BIGGER debut would happen at the PPV coming up that weekend. Naturally that got people absolutely buzzing and Christian was seen as anticlimactic. I don't think generally people were against him being signed, rather just the let down debut. But regardless of that, Christian had built up a consistently strong enough body of work over the years that I don't think it was a surprise to most people that he turned out good. Actually, you’re right on this - I’d completely forgotten about the Big Show tease. Had they not done that, it probably would have been fine. 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: The Miz absolutely does not have the body of work built up over his career to suggest he has any hidden depth or talent that he hasn't had the chance to show. That’s a bit more subjective - personally, I could pick out matches of his I think were excellent, and character work that is very strong - he’s obviously not of the level of the vast majority of AEW wrestlers in-ring, but I do think he makes up for it as a character. Max Caster is a great example of how an adequate in ring worker can become a highlight of weekly television, and you could say the same about Harley Cameron and Danhausen. 1 hour ago, Carbomb said: I'd say, out of the ones you've mentioned, it was unreasonable to expect Lashley to be shit. He'd shown himself capable of evolution over a comparatively longer career than the others, and did quite well in TNA. Yet people did - I was a big fan of the idea of Lashley in AEW, and I said at the time he was rumoured to be going there that I thought he’d win a lot of people round. I think the same would be true of Miz. The skills I believe he has are why - I think people are looking at who he is now and disliking the idea of that character in AEW. And they’re right, that probably wouldn’t work. Utilising the skills he has to become something new and interesting? I absolutely believe he could do that - but even if I was proven wrong, I’d want to see them sign him because it would be interesting to see it all play out. But…it doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere, so you can sleep easy @LaGoosh! (Not that you’d need to worry even if he did get released - I’m almost certain Tony Khan would agree with you on this) Quote
Chili Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 Bring him in as MJF's annoying uncle then have him get beaten up for driving a cybertruck. Then don't sign him like when Matt Cardona had a tryout. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 I can totally understand thinking AEW would get unforeseen heights from Braun Strowman or The Miz. I can't understand thinking it would be a good use of AEW's time. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.