Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 3 minutes ago, Infinity Land said: I don't watch WWE or AAA but even i'm aware of the Mr Iguana usage since the purchase. Also Santino appearing as part of NXTNA. Danhausen seems an absolute lock to end up over there. Oh I agree that it’s likely, but given how easily Meltzer takes things at face value, you’d be mad not to plant things like that, true or otherwise, if you’re looking to get the best deal possible. I don’t think Meltzer makes things up, I think he probably has excellent contacts. But he clearly believes whatever he’s told. Good luck to Danhausen either way, and realistically, WWE probably is the best place for him to go. Tony Khan doesn’t appear to be a fan. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 I always thought it was weird how AEW completely dropped him from TV so suddenly. Especially after they played weeks of vignettes hyping his return from injury, he appeared once then never again. He's a fun character in small doses. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 Then there’s Hookhausen, a missed opportunity if there ever was one! Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 3 hours ago, RedTwoster said: Then there’s Hookhausen, a missed opportunity if there ever was one! “Tony Fumbled!” I mean, he didn’t but you know they’ll be chanting it like they do for any AEW alumni Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 Will they chant that when Jericho rocks up Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 He recently posted a video with CM Punk, not long after it was announced that AEW extended his contract to cover injury time. I'm assuming that was just a coincidence I don't really know what happened as he was really popular and he was a good person to have around to add some light-hearted content inbetween the wrestling. It looks like Deonna Purrazzo is in the same boat, she's not injured but they're just not using her. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 1 minute ago, TheScarlettChad said: Will they chant that when Jericho rocks up Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if they did ? Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 1 hour ago, Kamran said: He recently posted a video with CM Punk, not long after it was announced that AEW extended his contract to cover injury time. I'm assuming that was just a coincidence I don't really know what happened I would say you answered your own question there. He is good friends with CM Punk and as much as I would like to say that Tony Khan and others are not that petty I saw that a big deal was made of Adam Page supposedly getting a train to the arena the other day (ala CM Punk having to get a train in London) which shows that Punk clearly still lives rent free in certain people's heads within AEW. Quote
Paid Members DEF Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 I dunno Punk and Brody King are friends and it hasn't done him any harm. My understanding of the Danhausen thing was he didn't want to work Saturdays as he had family obligations. AEW allowed it then noticed he was taking bookings on Saturdays for indies and it killed the relationship. I never really felt TK knew how to book him (or wanted to) the way he should be anyway. He's a cartoon character perfect for WWE and really not great at the in ring stuff. It'll work so much better there Quote
Infinity Land Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said: I would say you answered your own question there. He is good friends with CM Punk and as much as I would like to say that Tony Khan and others are not that petty I saw that a big deal was made of Adam Page supposedly getting a train to the arena the other day (ala CM Punk having to get a train in London) which shows that Punk clearly still lives rent free in certain people's heads within AEW. People online made a big deal about it for point scoring. In reality a lot of AEW were using public transport to get around this week and production decided to do a different approach to the trope of wrestler's arriving to the building. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 I think there was some merch issue with Danhausen as well. I might not be remembering correctly. Either way, he’s annoying and shit and I’d rather he wasn’t in a promotion I watch. Like TNA. Stick him there. Quote
TAFKA Jonny Vegas Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 (edited) Danhausen is absolutely dog shit, severely irritating and according to several accounts an absolute helmet of a person in real life. My 8 year old loved him...as he loves literally any wrestler in a mask or facepaint...but now with AAA being so prominently featured why bother signing someone who isn't as cool as literally anyone already with AAA who also cannot do hardly anything remotely interesting in the ring? Edited August 23, 2025 by TAFKA Jonny Vegas Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 TBH if the WWE went with Mr Iguana vs Danhausen in some bonkers, long term Wrestlemania build. I might actually give that train-wreck of a company another shot. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 A curse upon all you Hater-hausens. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted August 24, 2025 Posted August 24, 2025 2 hours ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said: Danhausen is absolutely dog shit, severely irritating and according to several accounts an absolute helmet of a person in real life What's the story here? The fact he's friends with Punk means it wouldn't really surprise me, but I can't say I've heard anything like that. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.