Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 15, 2025 2 hours ago, RedTwoster said: While I definitely trust your opinion here, I’ve not seen enough in him to think he’s even close to being good enough to even break into the midcard tier in AEW as a solo act Me neither but there's always a need for an undercard entertaining heel jobber and I think he was pretty good in that role. He'd probably do well in NXT and/or TNA. But Marq Qwen will hold him back everywhere. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted June 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 16, 2025 I could never take Private Party seriously because of their old theme music. If it's a Private Party, and we are all invited, as the theme song states, then surely it ceases to be a private party. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 16, 2025 my main memory of Private Party was that they felt like a very indie act in just how much they over-egged the gimmick for the entrance, then it meant nothing once they were in the ring. They were called Private Party, had the awful ring introduction of "from a location where you need an invitation", and I'm pretty sure they used to have a gimmicked height/weight announcement too, then they step out from behind a velvet rope at the start of the entrance. Okay, it's a Private Party, we get it. It felt like it all grew out of a lack of confidence in the gimmick, or else trying to make a name mean something more than it did, and none of it meant a single thing once the bell rang. Quote
Chili Posted June 16, 2025 Posted June 16, 2025 They were fine, but never really got to another level and in TV years for a middle of card tag team pretty much reached retirement age in AEW with what you could do with them. Kassidy I quite like, he just needed to find more confidence but he wasn't going to find that with Matt Hardy sucking the fucking life out of them. Quen was injured for ages wasn't he? And he's always pretty forgettable. They had some fun matches when they weren't trying to get all their shit in and worked best amongst a crowd or in fun multiman matches. Though my abiding memory is when Keith Lee debuted and tried to throw Isiah Kassidy to the fucking moon. There's a moment in the middle of the air where Kassidy looks like he's somehow slowed down time or gravity and it really was a lovely bit of business. Quote
Olly1984 Posted June 16, 2025 Posted June 16, 2025 11 hours ago, BomberPat said: my main memory of Private Party was that they felt like a very indie act in just how much they over-egged the gimmick for the entrance, then it meant nothing once they were in the ring. They were called Private Party, had the awful ring introduction of "from a location where you need an invitation", and I'm pretty sure they used to have a gimmicked height/weight announcement too, then they step out from behind a velvet rope at the start of the entrance. Okay, it's a Private Party, we get it. It felt like it all grew out of a lack of confidence in the gimmick, or else trying to make a name mean something more than it did, and none of it meant a single thing once the bell rang. 24 ounces of vodka cranberry was the bollocks that Justin Roberts spouted as there weight Bomber. Quote
simonworden Posted June 17, 2025 Posted June 17, 2025 It's like many promotions that start up and go on a while/forever. TNA and ROH had it too. You've got the AJ Styles, AMW etc and then you get those who quickly start fading to the back within a year as better talent comes in. Anyone remember Apollor or Xavier? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 17, 2025 3 hours ago, simonworden said: It's like many promotions that start up and go on a while/forever. TNA and ROH had it too. You've got the AJ Styles, AMW etc and then you get those who quickly start fading to the back within a year as better talent comes in. Anyone remember Apollor or Xavier? It’s Mel I feel sorry for, as far as AEW is concerned. Shaves her head for a god-awful angle with Brandi Rhodes, then disappears as soon as The Nightmare Collective does. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 Daisuke Sekimoto is leaving Big Japan at the end of the month and becoming a freelancer He had a big stinger at the end of May which was really scary, but apparently he got away with it and will be ready to wrestle again by August I looked at his Cagematch and he’s been all over the place the last few years, but this will give him freedom to do exactly what he wants. I’m now fantasy booking him in next year’s G1 I am a big BJW fan (I will start a Misc Puro thread one day if I ever get the time!) so this is a bit sad but I’m also pleased for the big guy. You cant knock his dedication and love for the promotion, but it’s time to move on. Not sure how big an effect this will have on BJW. It’s not like he’s been head of the table recently but they make quite a bit of money by subbing him out to other promotions. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 On the subject of Japan. Bozilla showed up in Stardom joining Suzu Suzuki's faction, after a well received run in Marigold. Be interesting to see if it's a short term run, or something more substantial. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: On the subject of Japan. Bozilla showed up in Stardom joining Suzu Suzuki's faction, after a well received run in Marigold. Be interesting to see if it's a short term run, or something more substantial. Didn’t see that, that’s pretty cool. Is that the first Marigold to Stardom jump? Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 6 minutes ago, waters44 said: Didn’t see that, that’s pretty cool. Is that the first Marigold to Stardom jump? As far as I'm aware, yes. Sareee also worked Marigold, for a good while (and was their first world champion) but she's a freelancer. So doesn't really count as jumping, imo. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 1 minute ago, The King Of Swing said: As far as I'm aware, yes. Sareee also worked Marigold, for a good while (and was their first world champion) but she's a freelancer. So doesn't really count as jumping, imo. Speaking of which the Sareee-ISM shows (or at least the main events!) are very good apparently but I haven’t watched any yet. Not enough hours in the day! Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 23, 2025 Posted June 23, 2025 I highly doubt anyone had Sareee, Bozilla and Rina Yamashita all working Stardom, on their 2025 bingo card. Sareee in particular has been on a hell of a run. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 23, 2025 According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE is interested in Danhausen. I strongly suspect his agent (or Danhausen himself) has simply leaked this to Meltzer as he also highlighted that The Rock specifically was keen on him, but who knows, maybe it’s legitimate. Certainly, I could see the Danhausen character existing and getting very over there. Quote
Infinity Land Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 2 hours ago, RedTwoster said: According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE is interested in Danhausen. I strongly suspect his agent (or Danhausen himself) has simply leaked this to Meltzer as he also highlighted that The Rock specifically was keen on him, but who knows, maybe it’s legitimate. Certainly, I could see the Danhausen character existing and getting very over there. I don't watch WWE or AAA but even i'm aware of the Mr Iguana usage since the purchase. Also Santino appearing as part of NXTNA. Danhausen seems an absolute lock to end up over there. After the Iguana and Balor bit at Triplemania, i'm sure the WWE writer's room is planning odd couple skits between Danhausen and Balor. Since Danhausen will remind people of The Demon. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.