Paid Members Chris B Posted September 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 I'm kind of hoping that Tony Khan actually is friends with Jericho and is just helping him get a higher asking price. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 7 hours ago, Chris B said: I'm kind of hoping that Tony Khan actually is friends with Jericho and is just helping him get a higher asking price. My worry is all the ‘he’s going to WWE’ stuff is what’s designed to bump up his asking price, but to Tony Khan. We’ll see, though. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted September 2, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted September 2, 2025 8 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Commentary also mentioned Jericho, on Collision. Think that's the first time they have done that in a while. Panic stations, guys. Nigel has been mentioning him for a little while now - it’s not the first time, but it’s never more than once or twice an episode. Quote
Infinity Land Posted September 2, 2025 Posted September 2, 2025 I do think Tony Khan would do whatever he can to keep Jericho. Fantasy booking the retirement tour and eventually making it a reality seems like something TK would be thrilled by. Which is why i'm hoping Jericho still has the ego to go to WWE and be an active member of the roster for a couple of years. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 Jericho got some mentions on the ROH PPV too. I just assume he's gone. Tony was asked about him, and he isn't going to say "he's a waste of space and I'm glad to see the back of him", he's going to play nice. I don't think there's more to it than that. Jericho must recognise that there's nothing left to prove in AEW, and he's well past the point of diminishing returns, while in WWE he can easily get at the very least a Rumble spot, a Wrestlemania match, and a Hall of Fame induction out of them. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: I just assume he's gone. Tony was asked about him, and he isn't going to say "he's a waste of space and I'm glad to see the back of him", he's going to play nice. I don't think there's more to it than that. Is there any reason to think Tony Khan doesn't still really rate Jericho? He was featured prominently constantly up until his last appearance really, given factions to lead etc. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 21 minutes ago, gmoney said: Is there any reason to think Tony Khan doesn't still really rate Jericho? He was featured prominently constantly up until his last appearance really, given factions to lead etc. Oh, I assume he still does, I wasn't trying to say that he did think he was a waste of space, only that a response to a question at a press conference isn't really going to shed any light on his feelings either way. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 4 hours ago, BomberPat said: Jericho got some mentions on the ROH PPV too. I just assume he's gone. Tony was asked about him, and he isn't going to say "he's a waste of space and I'm glad to see the back of him", he's going to play nice. I don't think there's more to it than that. I wouldn’t expect him to talk shit about Jericho, and maybe the words ‘I’d love to have him back’ were said in the heat of the moment, without much meaning behind them. Maybe it was, as has been suggested, a favour to him to up his asking price. But I dunno, I’m worried! Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 According to Fightful, The Righteous are on their way to WWE. Their Wyatt-lite act never really clicked with me in AEW, and I’m curious as to how they’ll fit in WWE. Maybe they’ll just fling them in with The Wyatts and be done with it, I don’t know. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted September 2, 2025 Posted September 2, 2025 I like The Righteous but they were dead in AEW the minute they lost a handicap match to an injured MJF. What a waste Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 3, 2025 Good team but they never quite got the gimmick right. It was just too close to The Wyatt Family for them to ever work. Also Dutch is significantly better than Vincent which didn't help. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 3, 2025 Not a single memory of them. Just googled them and still not sure I've ever seen them in my life. Bigger one does look like a Bray Wyatt tribute. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted September 3, 2025 Posted September 3, 2025 Love Dutch but big lumps like him, seem to have a pretty low ceiling in the modern era. He would have been squashing fools, back in the day before putting over the top guy, in the territory. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 3, 2025 I didn't mind The Righteous, but Vincent was never charismatic or engaging enough to make the gimmick of cult leader really work. If they can fix that then they could be a really good team. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted September 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 3, 2025 The finger clicking thing is WWE-coded enough to where I suspect The Righteous will do quite well for themselves.* *Slot nicely into Smackdown’s dog shit Tag division, endlessly shouted at by Nick Aldis like he’s their school teacher, but for a tasty six figures each. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.