Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Duke said:

Sure, but a large part of my point is that you're taking individual characteristics of people and holding them up the Miz and saying "hey, look!" and I'm saying you don't get decent comparisons that way. Both Double J and Double o'chet hadn't shown clear declines on TV every week. Miz has. 

If that’s the case, give examples of when he’s shat the bed? Not worked with bad material - but where his performances are objectively bad.

When am I holding up ‘individual characteristics’ of people? I’ve simply pointed out that there were a bunch of people who fans doubted who ended up doing great work in AEW. In terms of style they’re not like-for-like with Miz, and I’m not suggesting they are - people said all of the above were shite and they ended up being good additions to AEW. You’re saying Miz showed and shows little, I’m saying I disagree and giving examples of why I feel that way - and also of why I think his skills might translate. Doesn’t mean I’m right, doesn’t mean I’m wrong - but it does mean we’ve had a more in-depth discussion about Miz than the guy probably merits!

Posted

It's quite telling that when trying to find something good that The Miz has done, people are only really able to pick that promo he cut on Talking Smack.

When a guy headlines Wrestlemania as champion against John Cena and wins, yet the only positive of their career anyone can muster up is a worked-shoot promo on a post-show discussion panel that no one watched - then you know they must be absolute faeces.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

It's quite telling that when trying to find something good that The Miz has done, people are only really able to pick that promo he cut on Talking Smack.

I mean, I’ve pointed to a bunch of other stuff literally a few posts ago. You might not have enjoyed the examples I’ve given and that’s perfectly fine - wrestling is subjective at the end of the day - but it’s just not true to say this. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Private Party are apparently out of contract soon (like to wrestlinginc), with WWE allegedly interested. I’m pretty certain some of these leaks on WWE interest are negotiating tactics (you’d be daft not to do that), but in this case I hope it’s true. They’re not particularly interesting, but neither is the WWE tag division, so they’d be a perfect fi

All jokes aside, I can’t see them doing anything I’d want to watch in AEW, but perhaps some time in NXT and tighter scripting will make them a more entertaining act to watch. I can’t see a change of environment being anything other than a positive for them, and it certainly wouldn’t be a negative for AEW. It’s a situation in which all parties potentially win.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Kassidy is pretty decent but Marq Qwen is the shits. Kassidy should drop him and go solo. He has potential but Qwen has nothing to offer.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Private Party would be an easy cut for me if I were given the task of trimming the AEW roster.

One of those acts people will point to as "day 1 guys" like that's a reason to keep them around, whereas it's really the opposite. They've been around the company for years now doing very little for most of it, other than suddenly getting pushed from being in the "get all the jobbers and road agents on the card" 37 man tag match at All In to being tag champs a month later, unsurprisingly being very uninteresting tag champs and getting steamrolled by the Hurts.

Let them show up on NXT so the PC crowd can convince themselves "Tony fumbled".

Posted

They never once really progressed in or out the ring since starting, peaked day one and have been middling ever since. Wish them the best in NXT if they leave though, I think the team could work being down there for a while.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Kassidy is pretty decent but Marq Qwen is the shits. Kassidy should drop him and go solo. He has potential but Qwen has nothing to offer.

While I definitely trust your opinion here, I’ve not seen enough in him to think he’s even close to being good enough to even break into the midcard tier in AEW as a solo act. He’s competent in ring but no better than that - if he had promo ability that might not matter, but he’s lacking in that department too. Given that the WWE approach to its Smackdown tag division essentially consists of sending teams out to wrestle without much character building as the commentators harp on about how ‘red hot’ the tag division is, they’ll probably do reasonably well there; or about as well as a tag team can do in the limiting WWE tag environment. Although they could certainly do with evolving, they probably don’t need to in WWE, and maybe being scripted would end up elevating their act.

Posted

Got lucky with the tag title win. At least they have something to show for their time in the company. Not been seen the start of the year and haven't exactly been missed. There's still The Cru and Top Flight that take up the space of a rather bland cruiserweight tag team. If they're not going to split up and try something new. They seem a perfect act for a run in NXT/TNA. The entrance and VIP section type vignettes make them easy heels on introduction and maybe they get over once fans get to know them more. 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...