Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 2, 2025 48 minutes ago, Chili said: The worst thing about her was she was a bit too into the White pure blood shit for real for me. Yeah her Instagram page had some fucking wacky stuff on there. Quote
burchybabi Posted June 3, 2025 Posted June 3, 2025 Rumours that R-Truth was offered a new contract but on much lower pay so he turned it down. Quote
palana Posted June 3, 2025 Posted June 3, 2025 i don't think anyone is entitled to a job for life, but r-truth still had a lot to offer. he can still pop a crowd. they can surely find some way of using him. "record profits" and releasing two ethnic minority wrestlers when cosying up to maga, having hogan around etc. is hardly a good look. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2025 Grain of salt but word from Alvarez (I know, I know) is that more releases are due and The Miz has removed mention of WWE from his socials. If we’re talking big money contracts on midcard talent then he’s top of that list surely. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2025 24 minutes ago, FLips said: Grain of salt but word from Alvarez (I know, I know) is that more releases are due and The Miz has removed mention of WWE from his socials. If we’re talking big money contracts on midcard talent then he’s top of that list surely. For whatever it’s worth, he still mentions WWE on his Facebook and Instagram. I could certainly see him parting ways with him, but although WWE is looking to ditch big money contracts, the lack of loyalty to people who have given their all for the company will surely bite them on the backside - if I was an AEW wrestler tempted by the bright lights of Stamford, I’d think twice upon seeing this. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 Something popped up recently on one of my Facebooks or something and it said Cody Rhodes calls The Miz "one of the best to ever do it". That might be my least favourite narrative they'll ever push. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 People within WWE trying to push The Miz as good has been going on for ages. Only the most feeble minded of fans have fallen for it. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 Miz is the host for the relaunch of American Gladiators coming up. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 8 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said: Miz is the host for the relaunch of American Gladiators coming up. Then he's definitely not getting sacked. They won't miss out on crossover publicity, no matter how shit. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 30 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: People within WWE trying to push The Miz as good has been going on for ages. Only the most feeble minded of fans have fallen for it. You know how sometimes our tastes in wrestling are completely different from one another? …I’m a big fan of Miz. He’s solid in ring - but makes up for that with excellent promo ability, and the ability to go on to mainstream television shows and shine. Now, I’m pretty sure you’re going to disagree with that, so I’m going to overshadow it with a comment that might make you mute me. If Miz does get released, I would love to see AEW pick him up. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 His promos make me want to claw my eyes out so I can shove them into my ears. Different strokes I suppose. You wrong’un. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 4 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: You know how sometimes our tastes in wrestling are completely different from one another? …I’m a big fan of Miz. He’s solid in ring - but makes up for that with excellent promo ability, and the ability to go on to mainstream television shows and shine. The Miz is a good talent who did a great job overcoming some hideous attitudes in their locker room. He's a solid worker, a confident speaker and a good deliverer of their utterly shit written material (except phone numbers). In any other era, the Miz would be a very good Koko B.Ware or Barry Horowitz. 4 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: If Miz does get released, I would love to see AEW pick him up. Muted. Quote
westlondonmist Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 15 hours ago, RedTwoster said: For whatever it’s worth, he still mentions WWE on his Facebook and Instagram. I could certainly see him parting ways with him, but although WWE is looking to ditch big money contracts, the lack of loyalty to people who have given their all for the company will surely bite them on the backside - if I was an AEW wrestler tempted by the bright lights of Stamford, I’d think twice upon seeing this. Possibly, but I imagine most would still go if they felt they could fall back on AEW at anytime. I also don't think seeing a company not renew contracts for people in their 40s and 50s would put people in their 20s and 30s off. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 40 minutes ago, mim731 said: Then he's definitely not getting sacked. They won't miss out on crossover publicity, no matter how shit. Was it WCW that did an angle with some Gladiators rip off I swear had Terry Crews in? Could see WWE trying to do the same if thats the case. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: The Miz is a good talent who did a great job overcoming some hideous attitudes in their locker room. He's a solid worker, a confident speaker and a good deliverer of their utterly shit written material (except phone numbers). In any other era, the Miz would be a very good Koko B.Ware or Barry Horowitz. He’s also very good at thinking off-the-cuff - his promo work on Talking Smack, which was an unscripted show, shows how good he can be - this is the obvious example of what he can do, but far from the only one: And that’s why I’d be intrigued by the prospect of him in AEW, where the restrictions are less tight, and he could drop the more cartoonish elements of his presentation. It could be that it doesn’t work - but it would be interesting to see what Miz in that environment would look like. Worst case, shove him in a tag team with John Hennigan and give the tag division a moderate boost. Best case, his positives are amplified in that environment, and he’s a genuinely good addition to their roster. And I think that’s what would happen - similar to when Christian joined. He’ll have his doubters, but he’d win them round. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.