Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 7 hours ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said: Danhausen is absolutely dog shit, severely irritating and according to several accounts an absolute helmet of a person in real life. Says who? I’ve never heard this. Danhausen isn’t the best wrestler in the world, but he doesn’t have to be. He’s a character and I can’t say I understand the hate for him. He’s had plenty of fun moments in AEW - his chemistry with RJ City always entertains me, and any excuse to post his interaction with William Regal is a good one: If he ends up in WWE, I hope there’s enough distance from the McMahon era to avoid him falling into the kind of ‘comedy’ he might have had McMahon still been there. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: Says who? I’ve never heard this. I’ve seen him be a dick on social media quite a lot tbh. Typical vanity searcher/passive aggressive arsehole. Don’t know how he’s with fans in real life though. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted August 24, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted August 24, 2025 16 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: I’ve seen him be a dick on social media quite a lot tbh. Typical vanity searcher/passive aggressive arsehole. Don’t know how he’s with fans in real life though. I’ve heard him described as being very nice. However, others claim he is in fact very evil. Perhaps he’s both. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 50 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: I’ve seen him be a dick on social media quite a lot tbh. Typical vanity searcher/passive aggressive arsehole. Don’t know how he’s with fans in real life though. Ach, you know what? I can probably give people a pass for that. The temptation to search for yourself must be hard to resist, and if you’re surrounded by a barrage of comments the temptation to respond, even if it’s against your better judgement, is always going to be there. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 Danhausen was great, but there's enough stuff gone on that I can get why AEW/Khan are pissed at him, and even punishing him. He was hired while injured, featured prominently, and generally treated well. When the Punk thing went down, he was resharing a bunch of critical stuff of AEW, including jokes about Punk attacking colleagues. He's continued to do social stuff with Punk regularly since then, including featuring him on his vlog repeatedly. There have also been reports that he's turned down a bunch of stuff because he wants to be taken more seriously and that he's sold bootleg AEW merch at indy events. I can totally imagine, after riding out a contract and getting to the end of it, AEW being pissed off that he's still doing CM Punk stuff. It's really weird behaviour, and all pretty antagonistic to the company he's under contract to. I absolutely loved Danhausen, but I feel like I've seen way too much of the person behind the character, and it's made it all less fun and appealing. The thing that really surprises me is that Punk has clearly encouraged all of this, knowing it's likely to only hurt Danhausen. Which is kind of shitty. I hope it resolves, and I hope that WWE Danhausen, when it happens, makes him happy. Because he doesn't seem at all happy with what he's had. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted August 24, 2025 Posted August 24, 2025 Didn't CM Punk, buy him some super rare comic? I enjoy Danhausen in small doses, but that's it. Have almost no interest in him as an actual wrestler. Even if he is being a dick or difficult. The whole "injury time" thing is still a cunt move, imo. If he wants out then just let his contract run out naturally and get it over with. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, Chris B said: Danhausen was great, but there's enough stuff gone on that I can get why AEW/Khan are pissed at him, and even punishing him. He was hired while injured, featured prominently, and generally treated well. When the Punk thing went down, he was resharing a bunch of critical stuff of AEW, including jokes about Punk attacking colleagues. He's continued to do social stuff with Punk regularly since then, including featuring him on his vlog repeatedly. There have also been reports that he's turned down a bunch of stuff because he wants to be taken more seriously and that he's sold bootleg AEW merch at indy events. I can totally imagine, after riding out a contract and getting to the end of it, AEW being pissed off that he's still doing CM Punk stuff. It's really weird behaviour, and all pretty antagonistic to the company he's under contract to. I absolutely loved Danhausen, but I feel like I've seen way too much of the person behind the character, and it's made it all less fun and appealing. Potentially, but as with many relationship breakdowns, there are two sides to every story and there’s probably some level of context to this that we’re unaware of. Doesn’t mean that he’s in the right, but there’s typically a bit more nuance to why things like that happen. 2 hours ago, Chris B said: The thing that really surprises me is that Punk has clearly encouraged all of this, knowing it's likely to only hurt Danhausen. Which is kind of shitty. To be fair, Danhausen is a 35-year-old man, I think he’s past the stage in his life where ‘bad influences’ are a factor in his decision-making. Edited August 24, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
Infinity Land Posted August 24, 2025 Posted August 24, 2025 41 minutes ago, Chris B said: The thing that really surprises me is that Punk has clearly encouraged all of this, knowing it's likely to only hurt Danhausen. Which is kind of shitty. Danhausen should have been taking notes from Ethan Page instead. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted August 24, 2025 Posted August 24, 2025 (edited) Credit to Reddit. Looks like Bea Priestley has signed with Stardom. Not really surprised considering her run in the 5* and she's a former World of Stardom champion, so has some name value. To be fair from what I've seen, she's been decent in this run. I especially enjoyed her recent Korakuen match with Rina. Edited August 24, 2025 by The King Of Swing Quote
Merzbow Posted August 25, 2025 Posted August 25, 2025 22 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Even if he is being a dick or difficult. The whole "injury time" thing is still a cunt move, imo. Yeah I really hate this and it completely sours the positive steps AEW have made, TK is still just a shitty rich kid playing with workers lives (like nearly all bosses but yeah). Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted August 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 25, 2025 On 8/24/2025 at 10:33 AM, Chris B said: The thing that really surprises me is that Punk has clearly encouraged all of this, knowing it's likely to only hurt Danhausen. Which is kind of shitty. I mean, the man has a track record with his friends, doesn’t he? On 8/24/2025 at 10:53 AM, The King Of Swing said: Didn't CM Punk, buy him some super rare comic? I think it was @BomberPat who said once about how Punk seems to treat his friends with an almost transactional approach - coffee gift cards, expensive comics etc. It seems to be par for the course. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted August 26, 2025 Posted August 26, 2025 Just read on reddit that Maki Itoh, has left TJPW. Be interesting to see where she ends up. If it was AEW, she probably would have shown up by now. Stardom would certainly be interesting. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 Some worrying comments by Tony Khan concerning Chris Jericho (from wrestlinginc) where he says in quite strong terms that he’d like to have him back. Here’s hoping he’s just being polite. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted September 1, 2025 Posted September 1, 2025 Commentary also mentioned Jericho, on Collision. Think that's the first time they have done that in a while. Panic stations, guys. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 He should go to TNA, and become TNA champ. Then he will have been WWF/E, WCW, AEW, and TNA champ. Only missing out on the ECW and NWA titles. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.