Cheeky Boy Posted September 14, 2025 Posted September 14, 2025 12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Him calling Sting "steenk" and Darby Allin "little keed" was funny as fuck. I'd probably be ok with them bringing him back. I enjoyed that too. And while not hammering the joke home, genuinely seeming to think Sting was Darby's dad. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 Sounds like Andrade did all he could to get fired. Started backstage fights, shit talked management, refused to work with AAA, no showed events because he was "sick of working with gringos". In today's day and age it's good to hear there's a few real wrestlers still left. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 All I remember of his AEW run is him and Cody having that mental hardcore match despite feuding for about 2 weeks, and him having a face like a smacked arse for his last 6 months. The first few weeks of Collision was built around mard-arses like Andrade, Miro and Punk and I'd be happy if none of them ever showed up in AEW again. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 Sammy Guevara’s chin already tingling. He’ll be receiving a punch from Andrade before the end of the year. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 20 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: All I remember of his AEW run is him and Cody having that mental hardcore match despite feuding for about 2 weeks, and him having a face like a smacked arse for his last 6 months. The first few weeks of Collision was built around mard-arses like Andrade, Miro and Punk and I'd be happy if none of them ever showed up in AEW again. Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if they had him back but they absolutely shouldn't. The guy was very good in an act on NXT about a million years ago and, despite having plenty of talent, has been a bore for 98% of his runs on WWE's main roster and AEW and almost anonymous on his return to Papa H. I don't know what he was like to deal with AEW last time or why he left. Only Tony does. Maybe it was a mercy so he could save his marriage or something and there's enough respect to work together again. But he seemed from the outside like an absolute pain who thought the grass was greener. Not worth a wage. Out of interest, how many wrestlers has Trips re-signed and done next to fuck all with? Punk is an obvious success. Is there a second one? Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Sounds like Andrade did all he could to get fired. Started backstage fights, shit talked management, refused to work with AAA, no showed events because he was "sick of working with gringos". In today's day and age it's good to hear there's a few real wrestlers still left. I think this part is really interesting. There's a fair few luchadores who were fed up with AAA's shit, and signed with WWE, only to find out that they're being sent back to AAA. Or else they've been brought in as one of the token luchadores on the main roster, only to find they've been leapfrogged by Mr. Iguana and Vikingo in terms of popularity, and they've been pigeonholed as "AAA guys". It feels like there's even more of a ceiling on lucha talent in WWE than there used to be, even if there's ostensibly more opportunities, and I can see why someone like Andrade who had a lot of success outside of Mexico would see it as a step backwards. The other side of all of that is that luchadores like Andrade who are on reasonably good terms with CMLL aren't going to want to risk that relationship by working in AAA, particularly if they have one eye on leaving WWE and ending up back in Mexico - if someone isn't in WWE's good books, I don't see them being able to work AAA either, so it's limiting the number of options for bigger name lucha talent. I don't see Andrade going back to AEW, but stranger things have happened. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Sounds like Andrade did all he could to get fired. Started backstage fights, shit talked management, refused to work with AAA, no showed events because he was "sick of working with gringos". In today's day and age it's good to hear there's a few real wrestlers still left. Also at least one violation of the wellness policy, which I didn't know still existed having looked at Orton and Styles recently. I suppose it could be recreational. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 Given the lack of perceived star power in NJPW at the moment, and their relationship with CMLL I could see him landing there. Especially as he's worked for them previously. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: Out of interest, how many wrestlers has Trips re-signed and done next to fuck all with? Punk is an obvious success. Is there a second one? Chelsea Green for sure. Bronson Reed has also been a success I suppose, even if he has only slotted into that Big Show/Kane utility role. The Wyatt Sicks are over, although I can’t quite bring myself to call them successful, given that they’ve settled into the Smackdown tag division. Weirdly, Karrion Kross was dumped just as thins started to work out for him. Not resignings, but without the change of booker I don’t think you get Gunther - seemingly McMahon wasn’t a fan. You almost certainly don’t get LA Knight - not my cup of tea, but a definite success. You might not get Rhea Ripley or Iyo Sky at the level they’re at either - neither fit the McMahon mould. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 14 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Chelsea Green for sure. Good shout, genuinely didn't know she'd been released and re-signed. I've only seen clips on socials but she's got great timing and has a way of stealing the show in 60-seconds that Harley Cameron has. I never hear anything about the Wyatt Sicks. I think literally the only time I've heard them mentioned in the last year was a reminder that their debut is the most preposterous shit the company has ever done. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 (edited) Wyatt Sicks went the same way everything from the Wyatt Cinematic Universe goes. Big, grand concept turns into a load of silly nonsense once you try to properly integrate it into the medium of pro-wrestling. The Murderous Swamp Cult with Magic Powers distracting the ref so they can cheat to win the athletic contests. Bollocks. We can’t talk about Triple H bringing people back without mentioning this meme. Even during Hunter’s hot run, I couldn’t tell if the people who made it were being ironic or not. In hindsight though, now Hunter’s creative has nosedived and he’s re-sacked the majority of them, nothing short of hilarious. Not re-signings, but it has been interesting in the last year watching the AEW Sulk Club (“Collision roster”) all jump ship to WWE and in almost every instance they’ve discovered that the grass isn’t greener on the other side after all. I forget Ricky Saints even exists because who the fuck is watching NXT. Andrade got himself sacked. Fenix has done so little that he’s probably campaigning for an LWO T-shirt. Rusev and Aleister Black have been useless, doing the exact same acts from their AEW run, but with much worse matches. Penta’s done okay Raw, probably the best of them not named Cody or Punk, but even he’s cooled down massively and was last seen losing clean to fucking Rusev, the coldest act in the company. It’s like everyone has made a concerted effort to prove Tony didn’t actually fumble anyone. AJ Styles jumping to AEW seems to be the big rumour for who’ll jump next, with his contract expiring early next year. A few months ago I wouldn’t have been fussed, but since BANTER AJ has emerged during this Dirty Dom feud, I reckon he could be a hoot in AEW, titting about for laughs whilst trying to prove he can still hang on a workrate level. Edited September 15, 2025 by Supremo Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted September 15, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted September 15, 2025 The Wyatt Sicks is one of the themes for the Halloween Horror Nights things they do at Universal Studios in Florida, so maybe they see their value in spooky merch and tie-ins rather than adding anything to their own shows. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 1 hour ago, Supremo said: AJ Styles jumping to AEW seems to be the big rumour for who’ll jump next, with his contract expiring early next year. I’ve not seen anything about this, but I certainly hope that’s not true. He’s nowhere near what he once was in-ring, so AEW would essentially be signing another Okada, someone who simply isn’t going to deliver at the level of most other wrestlers on the card. They might have injuries, but they also have a tremendous women’s division which can be trusted to fill the void. If Khan brings in new male wrestlers, I’d rather him aggressively pursue the likes of Gabe Kidd and Zack Sabre Jr. Styles adds nothing to their roster, in my opinion. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 Having not seen much of AJ after TNA, I don't know what his game has been like in the WWE ring, but I do remember that the last several years of his time in TNA, he'd finally learned to work, rather than relying on pure athleticism like he did in the early years. I don't imagine he would be a bad acquisition for AEW, on that basis. Besides, being past physical prime wasn't an issue for Jericho in AEW's early years, from what I came to understand. Quote
Infinity Land Posted September 15, 2025 Posted September 15, 2025 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Rusev and Aleister Black have been useless, doing the exact same acts from their AEW run, but with much worse matches. . AJ Styles jumping to AEW seems to be the big rumour for who’ll jump next, with his contract expiring early next year. A few months ago I wouldn’t have been fussed, but since BANTER AJ has emerged during this Dirty Dom feud, I reckon he could be a hoot in AEW, titting about for laughs whilst trying to prove he can still hang on a workrate level. I know Rusev has been used on TV. Still found it funny he worked the recent NXT house show loop. Even losing to Ricky Saints/Starks. Something I doubt he'd ever have done in AEW. I don't believe that AJ Styles will leave. However, it's entirely down to how much WWE are willing to pay. He walked on TNA/Impact when he was lowballed. Karrison Kross was meant to be a favourite for HHH and even he couldn't get an offer he was really happy with. TKO are about to pocket Saudimania money. If AJ feels he's been disrespected he could walk. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.