Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

 

I think the idea that the women's division is badly booked is a little dated now, certainly in comparison to other promotions - I see nothing from WWE, either main roster or NXT, that stands up to the best of AEW's women's division, and plenty that seems considerably worse. Mercedes Moné and Toni Storm are arguably the two biggest stars in AEW right now, and - last night being an odd exception - are generally the focal point of quite a bit of the TV show.

 

I don’t think it’s badly booked, but I do think most women wrestlers there are underutilised. Tony Khan has said he took greater control of the booking this year, and I actually believe that (rather than him being a glory hog) as one of the main complaints about the last time he did that was that women wrestlers were underutilised, outside of the very top stars. Last year they were more prominent, and a case could be made for the women’s division being the best thing in all of wrestling. This year, it’s still excellent and packed with talented wrestlers, but you’re only really guaranteed to see Storm and Mone doing something significant on a weekly basis for the most part. And even with that, we’re yet to see a women’s match main event a PPV. Six years into a company’s history, that’s poor going. 

I think they have the talent to have a more even split of TV time between the men and women. They have plenty of compelling female wrestlers, and I’d love to see them establish another few megastars alongside  Storm and Mercedes. One way of helping do that would be to have Statlander and Storm main event Wrestledream, with Statlander going over. I still think turning her heel is the best course of action, even if she’s not a Death Rider. Do it in the right way and you have a great storyline to anchor your women’s division heading into 2026, with lots of potential matches that people would want to see.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

First post was broken down by year from 2020-2025. Second post states a time frame from 02/10/2019-20/11/2024 for a total number of matches. You asked why the totals are different between the two posts. I explained they cover two different time periods assuming you hadn't noticed. Not calling you wrong. 

 

Karrion Kross is left wondering what he needs to do!

From now on I'm going to be the workhorse of posting about AEW. See you in late December. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Few NXT releases been reported this morning:

Wes Lee

Stevie Turner

Lance Anoa’i

Jin Tala

Drako Knox

Haze Jameson

Summer Sorrell

Brayden "BJ" Ray

Jamar Hampton

  • Paid Members
Posted

Wes Lee was an odd one, heavily involved in storylines a while back, North American champ too, but they clearly lost faith in him at some point. Back to TNA for a Rascalz reunion presumably?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Every time they have an NXT clear out, I usually recognise one or two names, then the rest is a big list of Bubba Poons.

I reckon there are some people on that list who don’t even recognise themselves.

  • Paid Members
Posted

He looks like an AMERICAN WRESTLING tribute act to the Usos, Solo and Roman all at the same time: 

IMG_4987.jpeg.886f4c1c9ad2810b26255677eae83ada.jpeg

But yeah, it is almost impressive that he hasn’t managed to find a place there. Auditioning to play the role of “yourself” in a movie and not getting it. Brutal. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, gmoney said:

Lance Anoa’i must be really shit

I’m sure there are other weird anomalies like this, but he boasts the strange statistic of having wrestled more matches for WWE while not signed for the company (3) than he did while employed by them (0).

He even had a match against Shane McMahon on Raw, long before they signed him. 

The other matches, if you’re interested, were a tag match in which he and Rhett Titus faced The Ascension on Smackdown in 2014, and a 2017 tag match against the Authors of Pain in NXT, in which he teamed with a guy called Garriston Spears.

Edited by RedTwoster
  • Paid Members
Posted
33 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Ridge Holland won't have his contract renewed. No injury time add-ons for him.

Bit of a shitty situation given the injury, and he improved a lot during his time back in NXT. I could see him doing a Steve Maclin if he moves to TNA. If he wants to keep wrestling, he certainly has a future somewhere.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Between the Big E situation and him not doing or winning anything of any note in his entire career, Ridge Holland might be one of few people who were actually a net loss to wrestling. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...