Merzbow Posted January 15 Posted January 15 (edited) AEW just can't book big men and monsters in a consistent manner, it's been an issue since near the start. The fact they just dropped giving a shit about booking Nyla Rose well after being the most valuable woman on the roster in the early days stands out the most to me. Hope Hobbs does well in WWE, there's definitely been something untapped there and I can see him killing it. Edited January 15 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 (edited) Hobbs is the closest thing to a, “fumble.” Doesn’t feel like he was used anywhere near as much as he could have been. That’s not to say I expect he’ll set the world on fire in WWE. He’ll end up stuck in Developmental Hell for two years and won’t even be considered for Main Roster main event status for another ten to fifteen years. I don’t watch NXT, but it doesn’t sound like Ricky Saints is doing much. He should immediately pitch to do a rehash of that incredible angle where Hobbs knocked his head off. Edited January 15 by Supremo Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 15 Posted January 15 I’m assuming Hobbs will be off to NXT first as the Black Hoodie and Balaclava are already booked for someone else. Wasnt one of The Rascalz named in Speaking Out? Or have I confused that with someone else Quote
Olly1984 Posted January 15 Posted January 15 What do we reckon regarding Hobbs debuting and what brand he will be on chaps? Chuck him into the Rumble as a surprise maybe, eliminate a few scrubs before a big stare off with Lesnar etc..... Knowing WWE he's definitely getting sent to NXT to replace Oba then🤣. Or maybe he can smash Ricky Starks with another tremendous clothesline from when Ricky cut that cracker of a promo in AEW saying it was his time? Quote
DazzM Posted January 15 Posted January 15 Just now, Olly1984 said: What do we reckon regarding Hobbs debuting and what brand he will be on chaps? Chuck him into the Rumble as a surprise maybe, eliminate a few scrubs before a big stare off with Lesnar etc..... Knowing WWE he's definitely getting sent to NXT to replace Oba then🤣. Or maybe he can smash Ricky Starks with another tremendous clothesline from when Ricky cut that cracker of a promo in AEW saying it was his time? I have such little faith in WWE Creative just now, that I wouldn't be surprised if he was brought in by Kofi and Xavier as "Bigger E". Quote
Olly1984 Posted January 15 Posted January 15 3 minutes ago, Supremo said: Hobbs is the closet thing to a, “fumble.” Doesn’t feel like he was used anywhere near as much as he could have been. That’s not to say I expect he’ll set the world on fire in WWE. He’ll end up stuck in Developmental Hell for two years and won’t even be considered for Main Roster main event status for another ten to fifteen years. I don’t watch NXT, but it doesn’t sound like Ricky Saints is doing much. He should immediately pitch to do a rehash of that incredible angle where Hobbs knocked his head off. Great minds Supe, was typing same thing as I instantly thought of how many times I rewatched him do that clothesline😂 Quote
Olly1984 Posted January 15 Posted January 15 5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: I’m assuming Hobbs will be off to NXT first as the Black Hoodie and Balaclava are already booked for someone else. Wasnt one of The Rascalz named in Speaking Out? Or have I confused that with someone else It was Zachary Wentz but think it was more of his ex was having some issues and he left so she decided to post some stuff to cause him grief, including a pic of him mid shave with a Hitler stache, WWE were quick to ditch him shortly after Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said: I enjoy them as a high flying tag team I could do without another high flying tag team in AEW to be honest. Hobbs is a tricky one. Losing him is a shame as I liked his work but it was always difficult to work out where his ceiling was. The typical stop/start pushes so common in AEW (and some injuries) seemed to constantly derail any momentum he had but I'm not convinced he quite had enough to break through into the main event scene. I think he only had three truly great singles matches in his five years there (against Rusev & Takeshita on PPV and his Falls Count Anywhere with Hangman). I hope he does well in WWE but the success rate of AEW guys to WWE seems pretty low. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 15 Posted January 15 13 minutes ago, Olly1984 said: Knowing WWE he's definitely getting sent to NXT to replace Oba then🤣. To be fair, they already did that this week.. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted January 15 Posted January 15 They'll name him Powertrain Hobbs and as a train driver or something equally ridiculous https://www.flickr.com/photos/201008538@N06/55041407587/in/dateposted-ff/ Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 There's a lot of upside to Hobbs, but he'll definitely go into NXT, he's not a big enough name, nor a polished enough worker, to go straight onto the main roster. There is a major dearth of top male singles talent in NXT right now, so he should walk into a pretty prominent role there, which will be good for him. He'll be featured every week. I know they will probably be very resistant to referencing connections to AEW, but I actually think a great introductory role for Hobbs would be to come in as a heater for Ricky Saints, who could say that he had called upon an old friend for back up. That's a dynamic that could benefit both men, as Saints looks too lightweight to be a top heel on his own there, and they could build that relationship towards an eventual (and inevitable) split, with Hobbs in the face role. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 Absolutely gutted. One of my favourites. Annoyed to see him go to that cesspit. Annoyed that AEW have never done more with him. Did a great job polishing a rough diamond... to a point. Which is starting to become their MO. Good luck, Will. Hope you make a bundle. Quote
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 19 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: They'll name him Powertrain Hobbs and as a train driver or something equally ridiculous https://www.flickr.com/photos/201008538@N06/55041407587/in/dateposted-ff/ Bearcat Hobbs Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 You would imagine The Rascals will blend in with the other mid card high flying tag teams. The matches will be perfectly good but they are unlikely to stand out as a team. To me Hobbs always looked like he would be better suited to WWE. Now we will find out if he is. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 25 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Good luck, Will. Hope you make a bundle. Apparently he turned down a big cash offer from AEW to go to WWE on less money! Fair play to the man - I guess he thinks it's now or never and he should give it a try. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.