Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: They've probably signed them all using the money saved from Jericho not re-signing. Honestly, at this point I’d be more surprised at him showing up in WWE than I would him returning to Dynamite. I reckon he’s staying put. As far as AEW’s enormous roster goes, everything you say is true, but at the same time I don’t think it actually feels as big as it is due to the ridiculously high number of stables. In spite of having an enormous roster, they ended up in a position where they seemingly felt they didn’t have enough in the way of top level challengers for Hangman Page, which kind of highlights the issues with their booking. They have plenty of people ready to break through the glass ceiling, but they’re rarely given that opportunity. It’s no surprise to me that Hobbs left, as it’s very difficult to see him rising above the level he’s at. It’s a shame too, as he’s had some really enjoyable matches - my favourite of which was his bout with Miro. A good ‘big man’ match is a fun break from the typical AEW style, and I’d love to see more of that in the company. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 Maybe a slight derail but Jordan Oliver signing with AEW is good news for me. I really enjoyed his work in MLW as an annoying prick, so hope they keep him heel and let him just wind people up in ROH. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 29 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said: Maybe a slight derail but Jordan Oliver signing with AEW is good news for me. I really enjoyed his work in MLW as an annoying prick, so hope they keep him heel and let him just wind people up in ROH. Is he a good promo? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 21 Paid Members Posted January 21 Tomasso Ciampa has announced he’s leaving WWE imminently. (link to wrestlinginc) At one stage, I’d have been intrigued by the prospect of him in AEW, and while there’s a good chance he’ll at least make an appearance there, I’d prefer to see him join TNA or wrestle in Japan or something. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 21 Posted January 21 Despite being fairly exhausted by him and Gargano by the end of their NXT runs, I do feel like a heel Ciampa unchanged from his NXT run could've had a solid main roster run somehow. Not sure what really happened there but it never felt like he got to be the best version of himself after NXT. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 21 Paid Members Posted January 21 Didn't he keep getting injured, I thought it was his knee that was knackered. If that is the case I'd expect him to arrive in AEW imminently. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 21 Paid Members Posted January 21 (edited) He’d be great for TNA, a roster that really needs good workers now after recent raids. A banker for AEW. Edited January 21 by garynysmon Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 21 Paid Members Posted January 21 45 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Didn't he keep getting injured, I thought it was his knee that was knackered. If that is the case I'd expect him to arrive in AEW imminently. Knee and neck kept getting fucked. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 21 Posted January 21 Seeing a few reports going round that EVIL from New Japan is WWE bound. Not familiar with a lot of his work so I'm interested to see if they do anything significant with him. My guess is probably not. Is it more telling that so many Japanese wrestlers are choosing the USA to work full time nowadays? Is domestic business really that bad? Quote
Merzbow Posted January 21 Posted January 21 6 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Seeing a few reports going round that EVIL from New Japan is WWE bound. Not familiar with a lot of his work so I'm interested to see if they do anything significant with him. My guess is probably not. Is it more telling that so many Japanese wrestlers are choosing the USA to work full time nowadays? Is domestic business really that bad? That's the best news I've ever read, EVIL finally fucking off from NJPW! Quote
westlondonmist Posted January 21 Posted January 21 (edited) 9 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Seeing a few reports going round that EVIL from New Japan is WWE bound. Not familiar with a lot of his work so I'm interested to see if they do anything significant with him. My guess is probably not. Is it more telling that so many Japanese wrestlers are choosing the USA to work full time nowadays? Is domestic business really that bad? WWE and AEW likely pay far more is my guess, even if business is good. I don't think it is right now though. Always thought Evil was a solid midcarder as part of LIJ, but as a main eventer he was shit and carried on being shit after his title reign. Edited January 21 by westlondonmist Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 21 Paid Members Posted January 21 The Yen is extremely weak against the dollar, hovering around the weakest it's been in decades. If there is any suggestion of more money to be made in the US, now is the time to do it. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 22 Posted January 22 (edited) Jokes aside, isn't EVIL actually pretty popular with the Japanese audience and it's almost exclusively us Westerners that can't stand him since that title run? It's a strange little phenomenon, maybe because we look to Japan for the complete opposite of WWE and US style booking. Edited January 22 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted January 23 Paid Members Posted January 23 Yet another awful pick from their name generator. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted January 23 Paid Members Posted January 23 Will they be saying it Royce Gracie? So it sounds like House Keys? Im not even kidding, is that the thinking? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.