TildeGuy~! Posted February 3 Posted February 3 (edited) 9 hours ago, RedTwoster said: Clark Connors is on the cusp of signing with AEW, according to Fightful. He’s looked decent in the appearances he’s made for the company so far, but at the same time it’s hard to assess his potential from that alone. Is there anyone on here who has seen enough of him to give a good assessment of that? Is this a guy who could feasibly break into the top of the card over time, or not so much? He’ll be a job guy if anything, someone they can throw on ROH. Hiromu Takahashi is also leaving NJPW, rumoured to be WWE bound with Evil Edited February 3 by TildeGuy~! Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted February 3 Posted February 3 8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said: Hiromu Takahashi is also leaving NJPW, rumoured to be WWE bound with Evil Really? I would have thought AEW was more suited to him to be honest. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 3 Posted February 3 2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Really? I would have thought AEW was more suited to him to be honest. Which is said for a lot of talent, so I can see why some of them might want a chance at standing out elsewhere, rather than AEW's massive roster. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 3 Paid Members Posted February 3 12 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Really? I would have thought AEW was more suited to him to be honest. I totally agree with @DavidB6937 - without knowing much about either wrestler, I think they have a better chance at standing out in WWE. They’d probably earn more in AEW, but the WWE roster is in a state of transition right now, with a lot of big stars retiring, ageing or winding down - I’d fancy my chances of becoming prominent there more than I would in AEW. Quote
AnotherCrapUsername Posted February 3 Posted February 3 2 hours ago, Infinity Land said: What I had seen was NOAH. Incredible insight. Thanks for coming. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 3 Paid Members Posted February 3 13 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said: Hiromu Takahashi is also leaving NJPW, rumoured to be WWE bound with Evil Where did you see this anyway, Tilde? Ive not seen anything about it after googling, outside of Meltzer speculating he could end up in WWE (…or NOAH or AEW…basically anywhere that isn’t New Japan and has some level of budget!) 19 minutes ago, AnotherCrapUsername said: Incredible insight. Thanks for coming. That’s a bit harsh. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 (edited) Meltzer reporting that there’s talk of bringing The Iconics into AEW. Payton Royce always felt mostly useless, and that, “pipebomb,” she cut was a complete embarrassment, but I’ve got tonnes of time for Billie Kaye. No idea of her current form, but during her Fed run she was one of the most naturally funny wrestlers in the game. Get her mixing it up with Toni Storm and Orange Cassidy. Bring back Danhausen. Funny equals money. Edited February 7 by Supremo Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 7 Awards Moderator Posted February 7 I liked The Iconics. I know they’ve been in TNA but I haven’t seen anything of them in ages. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to have them against Willow and Harley for the women’s tag titles in Australia. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 7 Posted February 7 Billie was great. One of my favourites when they let her do her funny thing. AEW doesn't do funny too often so she'd stand a good chance if she was booked in that way. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 43 minutes ago, Supremo said: Payton Royce always felt mostly useless, and that, “pipebomb,” she cut was a complete embarrassment, but I’ve got tonnes of time for Billie Kaye. No idea of her current form, but during her Fed run she was one of the most naturally funny wrestlers in the game. Get her mixing it up with Toni Storm and Orange Cassidy. Bring back Danhausen. Funny equals money. I don’t remember her pipebpmb whatever that was, but I felt like Royce was pretty decent in-ring, whereas Kay was stronger as a character. I could see them fitting in well if they were to move to AEW. Quote
Infinity Land Posted February 7 Posted February 7 19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: I liked The Iconics. I know they’ve been in TNA but I haven’t seen anything of them in ages. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to have them against Willow and Harley for the women’s tag titles in Australia. Kinda too late for that. Babes of Wrath v. Megabad has been announced for Grand Slam Australia as the show is only a week away. If the IIconics/IInspiration are to debut there it'll be as a surprise. When they didn't turn up at the Rumble, I figured they might be heading to AEW with the new tag division. I just don't think they're needed. From what's been said they're not the best in-ring. Since they aren't going to be an attraction to sell tickets in advance of the Australia shows i'm not sure they add anything. Just as with the Babes of Wrath there has to be more value in AEW putting together their own acts. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 I hadn’t put two and two together and realised they’ve got an Australian show coming up. Perfect place for an Iconics debut! I wonder if the arena has…a light switch you can turn off and on again? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 6 minutes ago, Infinity Land said: When they didn't turn up at the Rumble, I figured they might be heading to AEW with the new tag division. I just don't think they're needed. From what's been said they're not the best in-ring. Peyton Royce is decent in-ring - Billie Kay is really weak. However, Kay pisses charisma and wit - the interactions she’d have with Toni Storm and Harley Cameron make signing her worthwhile in itself. Wrestlers with personality thrive in AEW and that’s what you’re getting here - I think they’d be excellent in the tag division. Quote
Infinity Land Posted February 7 Posted February 7 4 minutes ago, Supremo said: I hadn’t put two and two together and realised they’ve got an Australian show coming up. Perfect place for an Iconics debut! Grand Slam Australia in Sydney which will be next week's Collision. Then a rare house show on the Sunday in Brisbane. Could do the surprise for TV and give them an in-ring debut the next night as a last minute selling point. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.