Paid Members mim731 Posted October 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2025 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: Mexico is in North America. Everywhere down to The Darién Gap is classed as North America. Panama, despite being considered ‘Central America’, is the Southern most point of North America, with Colombia being in South America You're correct, but I suspect SBA meant the USA/Canada. I highly doubt the non compete applies to Mexico simply because I can't imagine WWE give a shit, even with the AAA acquisition. New Japan, given Andrade's presumed contract status with AEW, and their ties with them, seems like a decent workaround for the year if needed. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 19, 2025 Posted October 19, 2025 27 minutes ago, mim731 said: You're correct, but I suspect SBA meant the USA/Canada. I highly doubt the non compete applies to Mexico simply because I can't imagine WWE give a shit, even with the AAA acquisition. New Japan, given Andrade's presumed contract status with AEW, and their ties with them, seems like a decent workaround for the year if needed. You’re probably right, but if states “North America” in whatever passes for legal papers, then if they were to try and enforce that to the full degree then that is where “North America” would be classed, that’s all I was meaning. Whether they’re that petty enough to enforce that is another story Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2025 Surely even on a contract as dodgy as this, they can't be claiming jurisdiction in other countries! Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted October 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 20, 2025 AEW should just stick him in a full mask and body suit, never refer to him as Andrade and have him in the DCF. Then on the day the no compete ends, have him unmask. Pretend it wasnt him all along, just inferred and never acknowledged. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted October 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 20, 2025 28 minutes ago, mim731 said: AEW should just stick him in a full mask and body suit, never refer to him as Andrade and have him in the DCF. Then on the day the no compete ends, have him unmask. Pretend it wasnt him all along, just inferred and never acknowledged. On a much smaller scale back in the day in CZW when they started doing shows in Philadelphia when the age limit to wrestle was 18 they had the Briscoe Brothers who were 16 and 17 at the time I believe wrestle under masks as the Midnight Outlaws. Then when Jay turned 18 they started wrestling as Jay Briscoe & The Midnight Outlaw. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted October 20, 2025 Posted October 20, 2025 18 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: Mexico is in North America. Yes, apologies, I meant 'Mainland USA". As has been said, even as petty and unreasonable as a USA non compete is, I would hope they could/would not enforce a ban for other countries. Different situation altogether, but Mike Bailey could not compete in the USA for 5 years however he could work everywhere else. As I say, completely different situation but one would hope if WWE are being dicks about Andrade competing in the USA they would not begrudge him working in Mexico, Europe or Japan etc to at least earn a living like Mike Bailey did. Mind you, this is WWE we are talking about. Not that he should have to but couldn't Tony Khan fund an appeal to Andrades non compete? If he got anywhere with it, it would be a huge positive for the business. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted October 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 20, 2025 23 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Different situation altogether, but Mike Bailey could not compete in the USA for 5 years however he could work everywhere else. Well yeah, he was banned from the country by US Customs. It wasn't a contract issue - the two things aren't comparable. Additionally I think it's highly unlikely that it's legal for a US business to ban a foreign national someone from working in a different country. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted October 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 20, 2025 Would have thought the whole Lesnar/NJPW debacle would have finally put paid to all this bullshit from WWE. I reckon they're only trying it on again because their buddy The Orange Piss-stain is in the White House and putting things their way. Quote
kieranjennings Posted October 20, 2025 Posted October 20, 2025 On 10/17/2025 at 10:37 PM, garynysmon said: Something that would be taken apart in court I'd have imagined? I suppose it would depend on the nature of his payoff wouldn't it? 90 day no competes were previously waived when someone didn't take a payoff. If he's been weighed in with a settlement that reflects an element of what he would have been paid in the upcoming year then it would be hard to challenge. He may not be getting paid in the year he can't compete but may have been given a compensation amount up front. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 20, 2025 14 hours ago, mim731 said: AEW should just stick him in a full mask and body suit, never refer to him as Andrade and have him in the DCF. Call him Señor Mexico. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted October 21, 2025 Posted October 21, 2025 21 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Well yeah, he was banned from the country by US Customs. It wasn't a contract issue - the two things aren't comparable. Additionally I think it's highly unlikely that it's legal for a US business to ban a foreign national someone from working in a different country. Hence why I put "different situation". I was making the point that one can make a living working everywhere but the USA (not that Andrade should have to). Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 Samantha Irvin has claimed she has a 2-year non-compete clause from WWE (link to wrestlinginc) which is kind of ludicrous unless, I suppose, she’s getting paid during that time. Quote
Infinity Land Posted October 22, 2025 Posted October 22, 2025 32 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Samantha Irvin has claimed she has a 2-year non-compete clause from WWE (link to wrestlinginc) which is kind of ludicrous unless, I suppose, she’s getting paid during that time. Considering how they cut people. I doubt she's getting paid unless she has some dirt on someone. Quote
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 Curiously didn't William Regal have a similar clause when he left AEW. He couldn't be an on screen talent for a year. Which is why he didn't do the wargames stuff or was seen at all during that period when he left Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted October 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2025 Samantha Irvin waiting until now to reveal she’s on a two year non-compete is brilliant work. I like her even more. What a year for TKO’s PR. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.