Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

NXT’s Jazmyn Nyx declined a contract renewal and has left saying the offer was too low.

For anyone who isn’t aware of her she’s the one in Fatal Influence who doesn’t really work many matches.

  • Paid Members
Posted

She's started an OnlyFans so NXT aren't going to compete with what she will probably make on there even if it was a fair offer.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

Edris Enofe Has announced he’s leaving WWE. From what I’ve seen of him, he looks pretty decent and might be a solid pick-up for AEW. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him, and I’ll take your word on him, but I think the last thing AEW needs right now is more hires. They could possibly do with another 3-4 women now they are adding the tag titles, but they have far too many men on their books. Too many wrestlers you don’t see for months, sometimes years, at a time.

  • Paid Members
Posted
41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him, and I’ll take your word on him, but I think the last thing AEW needs right now is more hires. They could possibly do with another 3-4 women now they are adding the tag titles, but they have far too many men on their books. Too many wrestlers you don’t see for months, sometimes years, at a time.

I think that’s only really true now on the women’s roster, which feeds into your point I suppose. That said, I think they could do with a few fresh faces on the men’s side who are younger and have decent mic skills. They could also do with freshening up the tag division; whether that’s through constructing more teams Acclaimed-style, or identifying teams with potential on the indie scene.

I agree that they could do with expanding their women’s division, though - I really hope they sign Bozilla when she becomes available, and I’d like to see them nab one of the bigger name female wrestlers from WWE - Bayley strikes me as someone who would benefit from the change of scenery as much as AEW would benefit from signing her. Her real life friendship with Mercedes has me thinking that jump may well be on the cards. 

Posted
1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

I think that’s only really true now on the women’s roster, which feeds into your point I suppose. 

I'd completely forgotten Ace Austin had signed until he turned up this week. Adam Priest & Tom Billington were flavour of the month on Collision and haven't been seen since. 

It would still be quite easy to cull double digits from the official roster page of those that make an appearance every other month. After all it starts with Aaron Solo. He's been there so long I can only imagine he has a second job behind the scenes. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

I'd completely forgotten Ace Austin had signed until he turned up this week. Adam Priest & Tom Billington were flavour of the month on Collision and haven't been seen since. 

I should have added a caveat there - I meant of significant wrestlers. There’s a core they focus on and it makes for better programming. Priest and Billington didn’t really do anything of note - they lost to FTR and that was that. Perhaps I’m underestimating them, but I didn’t personally see anything in them that suggested to me that significant potential was being squandered. For better or worse, there are certain wrestlers you know you’re going to see every week. 

Some have fallen out of favour, but that’s a different issue. I think there’s room for fresh faces to make an impact - it doesn’t have to be at the top of the card and it doesn’t have to be immediate, but I don’t think you look at the card anymore and question where the space would be - even if they are to make the women’s division more prominent (which they absolutely should).

  • Paid Members
Posted

Santos Escobar’s contract with WWE expires at midnight tonight, so that’s at least one segment confirmed for Tuesday’s Dynamite, recorded in the Don Callis Family locker room.

YYLVwjbw.gif.856dec1a860fd6edc272c5b8dd5739c7.gif

Posted
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Santos Escobar’s contract with WWE expires at midnight tonight, so that’s at least one segment confirmed for Tuesday’s Dynamite, recorded in the Don Callis Family locker room.

YYLVwjbw.gif.856dec1a860fd6edc272c5b8dd5739c7.gif

Just checked and he's 41. Feels a little like the Karrion Kross situation where if you're a mid-carder in your 40s they maybe aren't getting the kind of deals they would hope for to stay. Same would have happened with Ron Killings if it hadn't been for the fan backlash. 

Posted

Yeah Santos has been used more as a manager for Los Garzas than in ring as of late so I don’t think it’s that much a loss in fairness

That said they probably shouldn’t have turned him heel on the LWO as he was getting over as a face 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m pretty surprised that Escobar is 41. He always felt like a more complete version of Andrade - someone who had the potential to wrestle at the highest level; thanks to having the wrestling ability and to being pretty damn good on the mic.

He doesn’t appear to have lost a step in the ring, so I’d be fine with AEW signing him. If they got 3 or 4 years out of him as a mid to upper card wrestler, or even in the mid card, that’s not bad going. 

And when he does start to slow down, he’s still very decent on the mic, so I suspect they’d get good use out of him in a managerial role. I think he’s worth bringing in.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I never really gave a shit about Escobar outside of his NXT run, as it never quite clicked for me so I'm less bothered about him heading to AEW.

I wouldn't mind this all timer turning up instead though. Long live the king, and the only "hunter" I want to see on TV. 

king-e1553715562158.jpg.bcdbc10c13c6a03e09db244cd8a1cfb7.jpg 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...