Elimination Chamber 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Never forget that this is the company that shut down NXT UK and fired all of their Welsh talent right before running a show in Cardiff, though. All things considered, Branson Reed should consider himself lucky to have a job.

10 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Never forget that this is the company that shut down NXT UK and fired all of their Welsh talent right before running a show in Cardiff, though. All things considered, Branson Reed should consider himself lucky to have a job.

Surprised he isn’t there as he loves islands allegedly. 

• Paid Members

Obviously Nia Jax is absolutely awful but this is the first match in the nearly a year that Ripley has had the title where she's going against someone who actually seems to be the semblance of a threat. So she has that going for her. 

At the same time, when she sits on Ripley's head and puts her out of the probable Becky match at Wrestlemania then they would have been better off giving Ripley Maxxine DuprI.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Wasn’t it reported that Australia paid big money for this show? If so, hopefully they kept their receipt.

What are the Covid restrictions like in Australia these days? Surprised Nia Jax can even enter the country, the anti-vax nutcase.

During the height of Covid, Western Australia actually had border controls with the rest of the country for the first time in 120 years. But as you say they've paid for the show so they'll probably let in whichever people WWE say they want on the card. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Also, New Catch Republic? What the hell does that mean?

Am guessing the 'Catch' part is something to do with catch-as-catch-can wrestling, and the rest they thought just sounded cool? 

• Paid Members

I was on the fence about buying a ticket to the show, but my son decided to bring home a wrestling book from school to read with me because he knows I watch wrestling, and with it being his 6th birthday a few days away from it, decided to grab two tickets and take him to his first show.

Since I bought the tickets, the show has just crumbled. No mens title matches, no Punk, Reigns, Rock, no Cody match. Then apparently the Chamber almost didn't make it due to being held up by pirates in the Suez Canal.

He will have a cracking time, I'm sure of it, but I am terribly disappointed in the card.

EDIT: Oh and it's fucking raining. Been in the 40's for weeks with no sign of rain.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Seen a few mutterings of the Iiconics making an appearance. I’d love that. Billie Kaye in particular would thrive in this new environment. Genuinely funny. Bring her back!

The only sticking point is that the Iiconics are from Sydney, which is a 41 hour drive or a 191 hour cycle from where Elimination Chamber is located, so they’d probably get no reaction.

14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Seen a few mutterings of the Iiconics making an appearance. I’d love that. Billie Kaye in particular would thrive in this new environment. Genuinely funny. Bring her back!

The only sticking point is that the Iiconics are from Sydney, which is a 41 hour drive or a 191 hour cycle from where Elimination Chamber is located, so they’d probably get no reaction.

Some fans might not know who they are either so we'd need some vignettes. They might as well be Japanese wrestlers.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, simonworden said:

Did contemplate getting a flight over for it as it's only a few hours away but life's getting in the way. 

Why, where do you live?

• Paid Members

My bold predictions for this show are that The Awesome Truth challenge Judgment Day for Mania after they retain, and either Knight or Paul eliminate the other from the Chamber. Thus building up two matches for Mania I feel like I’ve been banging on about since when Dead Mike merely sniffling.

27 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

New Catch Republic? NCR? Someone is a Fallout New Vegas fan.

I much prefer Bowling For Glory. Which, coincidentally, I believe is the title of the next TNA PPV.

It’s fitting that “NCR” has come about on the cusp of Nia main eventing a PPV though. Her and Gerard Way are pretty similar to me - they each seem fundamentally capable of performing their job, be it completing a wrestling match or releasing a song. I’ll end up consuming the output, usually by chance rather than choice, it will leave no lasting impression on me and very shortly I’ll forget that both art and artist even exist, until the next accident. Presumably both have fans, but I’ve never met any of them.

And yes, I chose “accident” by design, because I’m talking about Jax, so it seemed fitting.

Edited by air_raid