Elimination Chamber 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Just felt like a 4 hour advert of why you should holiday in Western Australia.

They certainly bigged up WA on the pre-show, when Megan Morant stated that WA was "bigger than the whole of Europe combined". I think Russia would like a word, for a start. (I think she was probably meant to say it was bigger than Western Europe, which is true). 

This was less than a minute after she'd made the statement "For the first time ever, Rhea Ripley is home". Which also seems unlikely.

9 minutes ago, Statto said:

This was less than a minute after she'd made the statement "For the first time ever, Rhea Ripley is home". Which also seems unlikely.

I assume she meant first time performing in front of home crowd since she joined WWE? Not sure if that's true either but probably more likely.

• Paid Members

Sadly predictable results. While I don’t agree always that the predictable story isn’t still the one you should tell, it’s a shame that the three top matches were all a bit pointless because we know what they’re putting on at Mania. We all like a bit of long term planning but the differences to what my generation grew up with are that you still have a big show to do every month while your long term plan stews, and the constancy of “contenders” matches means for several years now, the big set piece Chamber match which should be exciting, has served only to set up the match we already could bank on happening. It’s a tough balancing act.

Edited by air_raid

In regards to the mid card though I was expecting LA Knight Vs Logan Paul for Mania then thought they were carrying on the Owens feud for the show half way through the match and by the end it looks like we’re getting Logan Paul Vs Randy Orton

4 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

In regards to the mid card though I was expecting LA Knight Vs Logan Paul for Mania then thought they were carrying on the Owens feud for the show half way through the match and by the end it looks like we’re getting Logan Paul Vs Randy Orton

Maybe a triple threat for the US title? 

44 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Sadly predictable results. While I don’t agree always that the predictable story isn’t still the one you should tell, it’s a shame that the three top matches were all a bit pointless because we know what they’re putting on at Mania. We all like a bit of long term planning but the differences to what my generation grew up with are that you still have a big show to do every month while your long term plan stews, and the constancy of “contenders” matches means for several years now, the big set piece Chamber match which should be exciting, has served only to set up the match we already could bank on happening. It’s a tough balancing act.

Yeah at least with something like MITB you've got a few logical contenders they could go for. But title shots at Mania? You're not giving that to most of them.

11 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

They should do one of those mad scramble matches for the US title.

Orton, LA Knight, KO, Logan Paul, AJ Styles... someone give Bad Bunny a buzz, get him in on it.

Great laugh.

That would be much better than whatever single matches they've probably got lined up for any of those so yeah why not?

4 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Did the green shirt "superfan" (sorry feel sick using that phrase unless it's old Vlad) make it over to Australia? Every PPV I watch I'm still amazed he's there in roughly the same seat

No he’s been replaced by a new fan, the ‘Trini-Man’, a guy with the Trinidad and Tobago flag on his shirt