Elimination Chamber 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Imagine the sheer idiocy if Cody wrestled Rocky and big daft Dwayne accidentally injured Cody instead of himself leaving Roman with nothing to do on night 2. 

The daft bastard worked a Hell in a Cell with his arm basically hanging off, Rock would have to paralyse him to stop him doing Night 2. 

a320ed19-1fb8-4005-8a83-6cf80dd71390.jpg.ce9790e55beb3abeb7bb0a905ed318b9.jpg

6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

The daft bastard worked a Hell in a Cell with his arm basically hanging off, Rock would have to paralyse him to stop him doing Night 2. 

a320ed19-1fb8-4005-8a83-6cf80dd71390.jpg.ce9790e55beb3abeb7bb0a905ed318b9.jpg

Christ. I forget how ridiculous that was. I'm not sure enough attention is paid to just how fucking insane it is that he wrestled like this.

• Paid Members

I watched this!

Women's chamber - Probably the match of the night but only because Bianca Belair and Tiffany Stratton were so good. Booked right, Stratton wil be a massive star. But both AEW and WWE are doing fuck all with women's storylines right now so she'll just keep having Matches until everyone's bored of her. But she was really good here and they really need to make sure Belair gets a big match at Wrestlemania as she's propped up the whole division for ages now.

Judgement Day vs New Catch Republic - I mean, I actually quite like the name. But everyone who clamoured for Pete Dunne to not be Butch anymore already looks a berk. Tyler Bate? Look, all I'm saying is that the guy's pulled Liv Morgan, Toni Storm and Sol Ruca. So he can look as daft as he wants, clearly. And he looks REALLY fucking daft. This match went on for ages and even the boy Priest couldn't save it. Finn Balor is fucking crap.

Men's chamber - Didn't get going, possibly because Orton got injured and because LA Knight was in it. A dream match mid-carding Wrestlemania with The Gay Community's favourite flat earther awaits. Yeah! I think Orton vs Logan Paul will be really good though although I'd have preferred Owens again. Obvious winner, went on forever.

Rhea Ripley vs Nia Jax - Just spent the whole of this praying for Ripley. How she didn't get hurt during this is a miracle. It's uncomfortable watching Jax and not in a good way.

This was a bad event. But maybe the first dud WWE PPV I can remember watching in at least a couple of years.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I watched this!

Women's chamber - Probably the match of the night but only because Bianca Belair and Tiffany Stratton were so good. Booked right, Stratton wil be a massive star. But both AEW and WWE are doing fuck all with women's storylines right now so she'll just keep having Matches until everyone's bored of her. But she was really good here and they really need to make sure Belair gets a big match at Wrestlemania as she's propped up the whole division for ages now.

Judgement Day vs New Catch Republic - I mean, I actually quite like the name. But everyone who clamoured for Pete Dunne to not be Butch anymore already looks a berk. Tyler Bate? Look, all I'm saying is that the guy's pulled Liv Morgan, Toni Storm and Sol Ruca. So he can look as daft as he wants, clearly. And he looks REALLY fucking daft. This match went on for ages and even the boy Priest couldn't save it. Finn Balor is fucking crap.

Men's chamber - Didn't get going, possibly because Orton got injured and because LA Knight was in it. A dream match mid-carding Wrestlemania with The Gay Community's favourite flat earther awaits. Yeah! I think Orton vs Logan Paul will be really good though although I'd have preferred Owens again. Obvious winner, went on forever.

Rhea Ripley vs Nia Jax - Just spent the whole of this praying for Ripley. How she didn't get hurt during this is a miracle. It's uncomfortable watching Jax and not in a good way.

This was a bad event. But maybe the first dud WWE PPV I can remember watching in at least a couple of years.

Yeah I was going to review it but this is pretty much everything. Stratton was a star, the women’s chamber match was comfortably the highlight, the rest was forgettable. Rollins and Cody entering back to back is such a terrible look for Rollins. The segment was shit. 

I was hoping it might capture a bit of the Backlash Puerto Rico magic and that the crowd would elevate the show. The crowd was great, the stadium looked spectacular and it was lovely to see Rhea get her well deserved spotlight and to see how much it meant to her. However, there was nothing close to the magic of Bad Bunny in PR, and the problem with Rhea is that it wasn’t the Sammy or Drew situation where the crowd desperately wanted their local/local-ish guy to win against all odds, it was the hometown hero in a routine title defense. 

The setting and the crowd did elevate the show but they didn’t have a lot to work with in the first place so they couldn’t save it for me. 

• Paid Members

I thought it was a very tedious show for the most part and has sapped the small amount of enthusiasm I had recently built up for WWE. 

One thing that stood out to me that I usually miss from watching highlights - so much of the show is taken up by entrances and video packages. Now WWE video packages are nothing new so I should've expected that, but the entrance thing - it seemed like 75% of this show was people coming down the ramp! I was falling asleep waiting for all the entrances to take place during the EC matches and the Waller segment. They just went on and on and on.

13 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I thought it was a very tedious show for the most part and has sapped the small amount of enthusiasm I had recently built up for WWE. 

One thing that stood out to me that I usually miss from watching highlights - so much of the show is taken up by entrances and video packages. Now WWE video packages are nothing new so I should've expected that, but the entrance thing - it seemed like 75% of this show was people coming down the ramp! I was falling asleep waiting for all the entrances to take place during the EC matches and the Waller segment. They just went on and on and on.

I was reading something that said out of the 4.5 hours (including pre-show) there was only about 1 hour 50 of in-ring action.

Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but apparently Bronson Reed was scheduled to face Seth Rollins for the World Title before Seth’s injury.

Edited by burchybabi

I thought it was a show of two halves the first two matches were fantastic and I personally gave match of the night too the tag title match but the women's chamber was miles better than the men's like someone said above the men's just didn't get going whatsoever.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, burchybabi said:

Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but apparently Bronson Reed was scheduled to face Seth Rollins for the World Title before Seth’s injury.

According to who?? Sounds like cobblers.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, The Dart said:

According to him.

Him Bronson or him burchy??

I've seen Reed give a quote a while back that he was "gunning for" a shot at Rollins for the show, but that's no indication it was going to happen. I've just read that Sapp says it was going to happen but at this point I give him all the credibility of Mike "no scenario is going to prevent Reigns vs Rock happening at Mania 40" Johnson.

I don't really know why I asked, to be honest. Meltzer has about a 50/50 hit rate these days and virtually everyone else publishes misinformation they've been fed on purpose (Gunther winning the Rumble and Cody vs Punk, yeah?) or just feels like they're making stuff up for their own amusement.