Elimination Chamber 2024

DavidB6937

8 hours ago, Nick James said:

Pretty much everyone in the arena had their phones pointed at the entrance during the Waller Effect segment expecting The Rock to appear, then there was an audible groan when the segment just ended. 

Good show, but I think that was only because I was there and the crowd were great throughout, if I watched on TV I'd have been disappointed. My lad kept asking me who I thought was going to win and every match was so clear cut it was ridiculous when I thought about it.

Stratton was ridiculously over, to the point that I thought the crowd were going to boo everyone in the match after she was eliminated. On the flip-side, not a single person in the arena gave a solitary fuck about Rodriguez. She has absolutely no presence at all.

It was hilarious how much people hated Dom and Logan Paul. Logan was tremendous fun taking the piss out of everyone's poses as they did their entrance. 

I've always thought the theory that Nia Jax is dangerous was a little overplayed and not very fair on her, but fucking hell did I think Rhea was going to end up with a concussion during that match. I was wincing with some of the spots.

All in all, a good show to attend, poor show to watch overall. My little lad told me it was the best day of his life, so that's sealed it for me as the best event ever. 

1000044776.jpg

Great he has an amazing time. Do you live in Australia then? Please don't go on about it, can't stand people who drop where they live into posts all the time. 

A fair show I thought, nothing exceptional but entertaining. Are they actually trolling the audience now by teasing but never explaining what happened between Cody and Rock?

8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Just felt like a 4 hour advert of why you should holiday in Western Australia.

Most of the places they showed are at least a 4+ hour drive from Perth. Western Australia is enormous. Second largest state/region in the world.

• Paid Members

IMG_7702.jpeg.ebe941bb7194d905285f58fb3433478e.jpeg

An extremely generous sign. In 2024, Seth Rollins is a D minus player. At best. He’s the pits. The worst thing that ever happened to Seth’s career was him being paired with Cody. Absolute juxtaposition between a proper authentic superstar and a cosplay loser.

I’ve never seen anything so tragic as him listing his nonsense gimmicks. ”I’m a Visionary (no idea what that means, mate)…Revolutionary (you what, lad?)…Seth freakin’ Rollins! (fuck knows)” All whilst wearing Matt Hardy’s old kecks and Velveteen Dream/Prince’s sunglasses. He’s Trigger’s Broom personified. Endless, undefined gimmicks placed on top of each other. A hodge podge mess. Every trick possible to elicit a response and hide the fact that he’s the dullest, least authentic performer in the business.

Honestly, if I didn’t know better, I’d think people in the company had recognised how much he’s failed to step up to the plate in this Wrestlemania build up, so have chucked in the towel. Some of the stuff in this segment felt like a full-blown sabotage. Grayson Waller’s effortless burial with a deadpan, “cool story bro,” after he delivered his rubbish schtick was bad enough. But to then tease a Cody vs. Rock singles match, only for Seth to interrupt and shit it all up? Borderline heel turn! Proper Bullseye vibes. “Let’s see what you could’ve won!” How can anyone want the tag match now we’ve been teased with an infinitely more exciting singles? Get in the bin, Seth.

It was an OK show. About what you’d expect considering the rubbish lineup going in. Was it ever reported how much Perth paid for this show? As if Seth's stock hasn't fallen enough! After this show, he can no longer lay claim to, "heist of the century." anymore!

Flashbacks to All In London seeing those massive pillars in the stadium! Between that and the Elimination Chamber structure, it must have been borderline impossible to see anything for a large portion of the audience.

Only noteworthy thing about the Women’s Chamber was how good Tiffany Stratton looked. Real star-making performance. She’s great.

New Catch Republic is one of the worst tag team names of all time. Unbelievable it ever made it to TV. I refuse to believe they’ll sell a single T-shirt. Even the nutters who buy everything. There’s no way. Zero sales.

Tag match was mainly just funny for the fact that the lads in the actual match couldn’t generate even half of the reaction Dirty Dom was getting acting the knobhead on the outside. To think about the combined level of experience in that ring. All having worked across the globe for years, honed their craft on the independents, finally making it to the big time, and the fucking nepo baby steals the show. Sorry, guys. You either have it or you don’t. Dom rules.

Speaking of not having it, I can’t remember the last NXT graduate to the Main Roster who feels as out-of-place as Tyler Bate does. I can’t explain it, he’s obviously extremely talented, but everything about him since moving up reeks of local leisure center. He’s dragging Pete Dunne down massively. Bring back the Brawling Brutes! Justice for Butch!

Austin Theory still doing the, “if you smelllllllllll,” as he’s being thrown headfirst into a sign is officially the second best thing he’s ever done. Taking the Kevin Owens double punch KO remains in first place. Never going to be topped. Still brilliant.

IMG_7704.gif.30e3558e00cef2faab716d5a674f04f6.gif

To be honest, I got bored and zoned out during the Men’s Elimination Chamber. Logan Paul looked good though. Seemed to take a brutal beating. Lad always seems game. Less than zero interest in Orton vs. Paul at Wrestlemania though. The whole novelty of Logan is how fearless, athletic and naturally talented he is. Him having a plodding two and a half star affair filled with chin locks sounds bloody awful.

Great to see Drew win. Well deserved. He’s turned into one of the best heels in the business. Hoping he takes the belt from Seth. Forget the Seth vs. Punk match was ever teased. It’s been eclipsed by Drew, the King of Banter.

I laughed at Hunter’s segment starting with him already in the ring. Anyone who saw that clip of him arriving in the airport will understand why he didn’t do his full entrance. I’m not sure his skinny legs could even walk him down the ramp anymore! Look at those Cheese Strings!

Amazing to see the reactions to both Grayson Waller and Rhea Ripley. Must have been an incredible moment for both of them. Rhea in particular looked like she was going to crack and start crying. Love that stuff, when you can see how much it means to the performer. Extra special when you take into account Rhea is from Adelaide (128 hour cycle to Perth) and Waller is from Sydney (823 hour walk from Perth). Did those fans not get the memo?

Main event was what it was. Nia is Nia, so a crap performance that you’d begrudgingly put at the top of the first hour of Raw is her ceiling at the best of times. They should’ve done the Brock/Big Show ring imploding gimmick when Rhea hit the Superplex. Would have at least made a spectacle out of it. Otherwise, a pretty by-the-numbers, dull match.

I did smile at Michael Cole saying how this is a, ”much different Nia Jax than her first run in WWE.” Looks exactly the same to me, Cole. Clumsy, dangerous shitarse.

But yeah, do UK bookies still take bets on WWE? Feels like you could have made a killing off this show. Super predictable. In fact, I might bet the house on Cody winning at Mania. They wouldn’t do it again…would they?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I forgot to mention how much of a joy the pre-show match was, purely for the fact of how over Indi Hartwell was. Waiting for the hot tag and then it finally happening was brilliant. She was absolutely loving the reaction she got and it was heart warming to see.

Yeah, I couldn't see shit. My seat was facing one of the corners so one of the pillars were completely blocking pretty much the whole ring. Ended up moving after the pre-show, but this is what my view was initially.

1000044697.jpg

I think that's Seth's issue, not that everyone needs a one line explanation - but I can't answer "what is a Seth" Freakin' " Rollins?". 

Just an early DDP "even my gimmicks have gimmicks!" Joker "inspired" indy moves CAW. In ring, he's not my taste, he's talented.. But he's just... Ya know... A bit "meh".

Weirdly it was only in the last couple of weeks I've heard people say he's delivered "the promo of his life" to now he's  regressed. I mean saying he's now medically cleared to wrestle, whilst keeping the belt, is hardly the stuff of baby face fuel - but he just shouts.

He's quirky for the sake of quirky, and just does stuff for the sake of it. Especially when paired next to the out of ring less is more, reserved Cody it's just weird to see. Reminds of who ever said it, but "shouting isn't charisma". 

Edited by SwayWays

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Hopefully this short run with the Rock gets us the tag match at Mania night 1, singles match with Cody at Summerslam and then a final match with Reigns at Mania 41.

I have it the other way round. Give Cody the final ringing endorsement by having Rock give him the last big rub of his career rather than him do something less important underneath a Rock vs Reigns match on top - which is precisely the scenario everyone campaigned against this year.

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Speaking of not having it, I can’t remember the last NXT graduate to the Main Roster who feels as out-of-place as Tyler Bate does. I can’t explain it, he’s obviously extremely talented, but everything about him since moving up reeks of local leisure center. He’s dragging Pete Dunne down massively. Bring back the Brawling Brutes! Justice for Butch!

Tyler‘s tighty-whities and mustard booties looked ridiculous. Get some proper boots and knee pads. Wrestlers without knee pads always look weird to me, Gunther included. Ahmed Johnson had the right idea, pads everywhere. 

Seth Rollins was perfect for that brief era where doing crossfit seemingly replaced having any discernable talent for pro-wrestling. Around the time WWE bought Tapout and everyone just seemed really into how fit they were.

Ever since a modicum of sanity was restored in the company, he's been lost.

The tease of doing Cody and Rock on Night 1 makes me worry even more that Roman retains on Night 2. Cody beats Rock ala Daniel Bryan beating Triple H to open WM30 leading you to think he’ll beat Reigns as well. Then Night 2 Roman retains probably due to a Rollins heel turn and they branch Cody off into that and move back to the Plan of Rock and Roman for Mania 41. Really hope that isn’t the plan but I can totally see them doing it. 

• Paid Members

They sent me an email on Saturday to tell me about this show. It advertised two chamber matches, a tag title match and interview segment with an NXT fella called Grayson Waller. I'd say it was the worst card I've ever seen advertised but I remembered they sent me an email for a show like Payback or something last year and that looked absolutely dreadful too. That this company is somehow on a roll is evidence that, aside from being the only person on here with any moral fibre, this shit is really never going to be for me.

Hilarious that they sent Australia this show. You'd think it might kill the territory but then you remember they sent us Rebellions and Capital Carnage and Mayhem in Manchester and it just made the Stockholm syndrome more powerful.

On 2/25/2024 at 11:28 AM, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Tyler‘s tighty-whities and mustard booties looked ridiculous.

He looks like he's doing a private appartment wrestling job.  Those y-fronts had better stay on, big strong boy.

Seth Rollins.  I think I like him more than a lot of people on here.  He's hard-working, athletic, talented, and is one of the people who I think has helped define the modern WWE main event style (for better or worse) as a faster-paced, dynamic style than it was 15 years ago.

I also think he makes a good heel on occasion - his post-Shield corporate stooge was great.

But this gimmick he's been doing for the past few years, it's utterly dreadful.  His wife has been doing a similar gimmick until recently (big time Becks) and it was also terrible, so it's clearly their creation.  I know that having every character created by Vince McMahon was turgid but it did at least mean that people's awful gimmick ideas got reined in.

He does seem popular though, so maybe it's a generation thing.  Maybe "the stupidly dressed mega-wanker who's a bit too old to be in the club" is exactly what the TikTok generation want.  Maybe it's us, we're wrong.

In the moments when I don't think Rollins is just a bit shite, I wonder if he just lacks self confidence. The endless nicknames and gimmicks, his moveset approach to wrestling, the obnoxious clothes and the over the top acting just makes me think he has 0 belief in himself as a performer.