Elimination Chamber 2024

DavidB6937

Hard to believe we're a year on from THIS:

What a fucking time to be alive that was.

This time we're getting this stuff:

• The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka and Kairi Sane) (c) (with Iyo Sky) vs. Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell  - Tag team match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
  • The Judgment Day (Finn Bálor and Damian Priest) (c) vs. New Catch Republic (Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate) - Tag team match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
  • Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair vs. Liv Morgan vs. Tiffany Stratton vs. Naomi vs. Raquel Rodriguez - Elimination Chamber match for a Women's World Championship match at WrestleMania
  • Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton vs. Bobby Lashley vs. LA Knight vs. Kevin Owens vs. Logan Paul - Elimination Chamber match for a World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania
  • The Grayson Waller Effect with Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins
  • Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Nia Jax    Singles match for the Women's World Championship

Big fat MEH really. Can't see any real surprises there. Couple of potentially decent matches but mostly obvious results I would think.

The fact that Nia Jax is main eventing is quite something. But I guess Rhea can slam her and tell everyone for the next 50 years that she pressed her over her head or something, brother.

Only reasons I'll watch are the crowd, who should pretty much be pumped for EVERYTHING, and it's on at 10am! Winner.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The fact that Nia Jax is main eventing is quite something.

I was about to say “Is she??? Surely the men’s Chamber goes on last?” Then I realized this is like when you used to watch a WWF title and Intercontinental title match, but then Smithers would close against Berzerker or Skinner.

• Paid Members

Wasn’t it reported that Australia paid big money for this show? If so, hopefully they kept their receipt.

Shockingly average card for a stadium show. I know Hunter has specifically told people to not expect The Rock, and all reports are that they’re not going to appear, but I can’t fathom putting on a show with such a lacklustre lineup unless you’re flying in Roman and Rock for the big surprise. Interrupting that Grayson Waller Effect segment to do a big February angle in the style of Floyd Mayweather and Big Show would be wild.

Not expecting much from the Chamber matches. When was the last genuinely good one? Nothing springs to mind ever since they turned it into a Soft Play Gameshow.

Bronson Reed not being on the show proves there are still lessons that WWE can learn from AEW. Imagine opting out of big hometown feel good moment. Open goal skied.

What are the Covid restrictions like in Australia these days? Surprised Nia Jax can even enter the country, the anti-vax nutcase.

Edited by Supremo

To be fair its one of those decent sleeper PPVs between Rumble and Mania that will end up being pretty good.

It's basically a set up show for WrestleMania and the sort of card/show I envisioned us getting more of when the Network first started as like a network special.

The fact its in a stadium though is mental, like they know it'll sell out anyway, but seems mad. Saying that it will make the atmosphere a lot better than this card being in the US.

It is what it is, it's not meant to be a super show or anything, jjst something to keep us going and build some angles/matches for WrestleMania. I imagine it'll deliver above expectations based on the card, but below based on it being a stadium show.

It’ll be nice to see Rhea get a megastar reaction. Just a shame she’s facing the worst woman on the roster not named Maxxine Dupri. 

Also, New Catch Republic? What the hell does that mean?

10 am start for the show though. God bless Aussie time differences. 

25 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It’s THE stop between the Rumble and Mania. It’s supposed to be good.

Yep. I always associate a boom period with your February PPV being hot, as great angles trip and fall over themselves heading toward the big one. 

1999 - Better than 'Mania. Hot cage match main event and very decent Mankind/Rock blowoff. 

2000 - Better than 'Mania'. Foley's retirement match and a solid undercard. 

2001 - Better than 'Mania on any other year. One of the best B-Shows ever. 

2002 - Get rid of Hogan/Rock and it's better than 'Mania. nWo debut. It was shit, but still big at the time. 

2003 - Card on paper might actually be stronger than 'Mania. Rock/Hogan II and Bischoff/Austin are two money matches in this era. 

2004 - One match show, but what a match. It had the feelgood moment of the year, which an eleven hour WrestleMania that year in which Shawn Michaels and Triple H wrestled to a no contest in the main event failed to deliver. 

Then it's mostly shit. But yeah. This was one of my favourite PPV slots for many a year. 

The thing that's most exciting about this is how great the time is for once here In the UK it's a absolute rarity this.

Not at all a must watch and cannot miss but it should really deliver those fans were insane yesterday at the press conference.

I am excited for the tag title match and while I would love British strong style to get the win and the belts I really don't see that happening a month out from mania.

Excited and intrigued too see what they will end up having Cody Rhodes do which feels like the biggest thing on the card really personally

Think drew mcyntire will be winning the men's chamber and Becky lynch for the women's chamber both seem abit too obvious but yeah we will see.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Bronson Reed not being on the show proves there are still lessons that WWE can learn from AEW. Imagine opting out of big hometown feel good moment. Open goal skied.

People complained that Drew was treated like a "hometown" star for a show in Wales.   He's from Adelaide which is a 28 hour drive from Perth.   Putting a lower midcarder who has no current storyline and have him win, just because he's from the same country would be nutty.

Edited by The Dart

4 minutes ago, The Dart said:

People complained that Drew was treated like a "hometown" star for a show in Wales.   He's from Adelaide which is a 28 hour drive from Perth.   Putting a lower midcarder who has no current storyline and have him win, just because he's from the same country would be nutty.

Just change where he's billed from, worked for Bulldog.

• Paid Members
Just now, The Dart said:

People complained that Drew was treated like a hometown star for a show in Wales.   He's from Adelaide which is a 28 hour drive from Perth.   Putting a lower midcarder who has no current storyline and have him win, just because he's from the same country would be nutty.

Adelaide and Perth are both in Australia.

Both Cardiff and Ayr are not in Scotland nor Wales.

WWE never does a big show in Australia.

Bret Hart used to get huge pops in Nova Scotia.

Never change, man.

• Paid Members

It’s the first pay per view from Australia in forever. It would be nutty not to put all your Australian talent on the card. Nobody would give a fuck how long a drive it is to where they were born. They’d still get a big reaction, with added investment. Using Drew as an example hardly works, either. He was treated like a God in Cardiff. Easy access to Google Maps made zero difference. Plus, it’s not as if they’ve got much better going on. The card is dog shit.

25 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The thing that's most exciting about this is how great the time is for once here In the UK it's a absolute rarity this.

Here's a tip, but you can watch any PPV at 10am if you so wish :)

That card is astonishingly shit and Nia Jax headlining anything is just abysmal. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

Then it's mostly shit. 

Not having that. 2008 and 2009 both had some belting Chamber matches, and 2010 had great twists in both title scenes - even if one was a little predictable. Probably only about 2017 did the rot set in, when it was pathetically obvious Wyatt was winning so Orton could challenge him for the title - in what was still actually a pretty good match - then 2018s version with Reigns was pointless even taking place.