Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

• Paid Members

Reading the whole thing, it sure doesn’t sound like much of a secret. Are we still supposed to believe those from his inner-circle who are still there didn’t know about it? Triple H? Shawn? Michael Hayes? Prichard? Even those lifers who seem super close to him, like Taker and Cena. How could they not know when he’s passing his phone around to random Tech guys?

Based on everything, the only person I believe didn’t understand the depths of it is Stephanie. The way she went from instigating, “Thank you Vince!” chants on Smackdown, to getting the fuck out of there as fast as she could, was extremely telling.

But yeah. Speculation aside, that weird victory tour he went on somehow gets worse with time. Imagine having these skeletons in your closet and still prancing around the ring, getting the crowd to bow to you and jumping off the ring steps. Horrible, disgusting, nutcase of a man.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

"Harrass women"....

.... to Vince.

Okay, I find it fucked up that he was cheering on the man who sexually harrassed his wife while he harrasses other people.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Another angle to all this ; I really hope that (still gross as it would be) that the replies from the Beast Incarnate are just the "humouring the boss/playing along" type that occasionally people have to do when their boss is a complete villain, and that he didn't actually entertain the thought of joining in with the abuse. I hoped he was better than that. I always had him pictured as the simple  "show up, do match, get paid, go back to the farm/wife/kids" type.

Isn't part of the complaint that they organised to 'meet' which was only cancelled due to severe weather. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Reading the whole thing, it sure doesn’t sound like much of a secret. Are we still supposed to believe those from his inner-circle who are still there didn’t know about it? Triple H? Shawn? Michael Hayes? Prichard? Even those lifers who seem super close to him, like Taker and Cena. How could they not know when he’s passing his phone around to random Tech guys?

I hadn’t even considered that, yeah that’s not looking likely at all is it. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The big one for me will be JR being aware of similar abuses in bygone years. Because no way was she the first.

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Okay, I find it fucked up that he was cheering on the man who sexually harrassed his wife while he harrasses other people.

Yeah, that detail is a bit of a tough one to stomach. Even with my aforementioned remark about playing along with your sociopath boss just to get along. Especially given that at the relevant point in negotiation he was in the power seat, and needn't have. He could have shrugged and ignored it.

9 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Isn't part of the complaint that they organised to 'meet' which was only cancelled due to severe weather. 

Upon skim reading it and the suggestion that "WWE Superstar" is him (as the "UFC Champion" detail is mostly omitted but there is heavy implication that it's him in certain places) - heavy intoxication cancelled it. And yes, I've just become aware of the pissing per Supremo above.

This is the saddest I've felt to be wrong since Rocky pinned Erick Rowan.

• Paid Members

May be a minor point in the grand scheme of things, but a lot of this abuse happened inbetween March and August 2020 when the vast majority of the USA was subject to lockdowns and social distancing measures due to covid. While most of the population can't see loved ones or leave their houses, these pricks are acting like that. Another example of how these cunts just live in their own worlds, completely untouchable, not beholden to the same rules and laws that the rest of us are.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Depending how far this goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of other people implicated. I don't think it's a coincidence that Kevin Dunn abruptly left the company not long before all of this came out. On one hand, it's all speculation and I would have some sympathy for the point that you can be extremely close to somebody and know absolutely nothing about their sex life, what goes on behind closed doors, or what text messages they're sending. But when he's passing someone around other executives, and involving at least one on-screen talent that we know of, then you'd think plenty more people are either involved or at least aware - who else, before or since Laurianitis, was invited in on this shit and turned it down but kept quiet? Who else did he brag to or show photos to on that private plane? Did he just weirdly fetishise Brock Lesnar, or was he roping other wrestlers in on this? 

On the passing around photos to random tech guys thing, I would say there's an option there that could read slightly more generously than taking his texts at face value. Based on the other texts, Vince clearly fantasises about her being assaulted by multiple men, objectified by multiple men, and being passed around - the story about showing her off to all of these unnamed men might have been an unpleasant sexual fantasy or a weird power play rather than something he actually did. If it's not something he actually did, then it doesn't necessarily follow that all of the people in his inner circle would all be aware of this, though he's done nothing to deserve that benefit of the doubt. And this next point isn't remotely to excuse anything, but I suspect that when he talks about "tech", he's not meaning random roadies and production crew so much as somebody like Kevin Dunn and his crew who are basically just as embedded in the abusive culture of WWE as Vince was.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

On the passing around photos to random tech guys thing, I would say there's an option there that could read slightly more generously than taking his texts at face value. Based on the other texts, Vince clearly fantasises about her being assaulted by multiple men, objectified by multiple men, and being passed around - the story about showing her off to all of these unnamed men might have been an unpleasant sexual fantasy or a weird power play rather than something he actually did. If it's not something he actually did, then it doesn't necessarily follow that all of the people in his inner circle would all be aware of this, though he's done nothing to deserve that benefit of the doubt. And this next point isn't remotely to excuse anything, but I suspect that when he talks about "tech", he's not meaning random roadies and production crew so much as somebody like Kevin Dunn and his crew who are basically just as embedded in the abusive culture of WWE as Vince was.

I did think this as well - a whole bunch of the text message stuff read as fantasy more than definitely real. But then there's the real stuff as well, and the power dynamic right in the middle of it. 

Edited by Chris B

11 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

That's the thing, I just don't know how true this is. 

I hope I'm right. It'd be tragic if there was thousands of men shitting on women, trafficking them, and fantasising about their abuse.

I just presumed the rich and powerful were regular wrong-uns, not monsters.

As a women, I would say @Nick Jamesis 100% correct. I've never really been victim to much other than the unfortunately regular sexual harassment that all women suffer (wolf whistling, being grabbed in clubs etc) and none of what I read in Vince's texts particularly shocked me. Via other women, I've seen much worse.

Kurt’s quote about the shooting of the angle where him and Steph made out, rings a few alarm bells in hindsight:

"It was weird. It was very uncomfortable. Vince, not only was he directing, he was literally two feet away from us..Vince is right behind the camera looking at us. I'm not saying he felt like he looked like he was aroused but he had this look like I want to see this"

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Based on everything, the only person I believe didn’t understand the depths of it is Stephanie. The way she went from instigating, “Thank you Vince!” chants on Smackdown, to getting the fuck out of there as fast as she could, was extremely telling.

See I think it is worse than that. I think people knew and gave it a pass because it didn't seem it would come to light. I can't believe Steph would have had no knowledge at all considering all the time she spent backstage, in meetings, in the corporate offices etc. I feel it's a case of not speaking out, because no one wanted the house of cards to collapse. Now it has come out, it's much easier to take the moral high ground and say you had no knowledge when the facts are made public. And Steph leaving is a great example of that.

Kevin Dunn was mentioned and the timing of him leaving. I think this was because he knew this was going to come back and haunt the company in a bigger way and probably better for him to jump ship before it did. Maybe I am being to cynical.  

• Paid Members

My way of looking at it is everything we know or at the very least have heard, whether convicted or not is something everyone involved in that company will have also known or heard, except they will all have witnessed it or heard it from more reliable accounts than dirtsheets. Plus god knows what else that the public hasn’t seen or heard.

There’s no way on earth the likes of HHH, Stephanie, Shane, Shawn Michaels, and countless others don’t know all of what we do and more. As far as I’m concerned nobody in that company can deny knowledge at least to the extent of what the public know.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, FLips said:

convicted or not

This is a civil case currently isn't it, no one will get convicted. Perhaps there might be a criminal case somewhere down the line. Whatever the legal nuances are though you are not wrong about the rest FLipper.