Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

• Paid Members

He'd probably pay some young peoples' marketing agency to help get him up to speed with what all the kids are into these days, and end up deciding that for maximum "engagements" the matches will all need to be short enough to go on TikTok.

• Paid Members
Just now, air_raid said:

He'd probably pay some young peoples' marketing agency to help get him up to speed with what all the kids are into these days, and end up deciding that for maximum "engagements" the matches will all need to be short enough to go on TikTok.

It's Vince, the same man who thought ZZ Top were at the bleeding edge of culture until about 2012. He'd probably end up hosting it all on Bebo.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

It's Vince, the same man who thought ZZ Top were at the bleeding edge of culture until about 2012. He'd probably end up hosting it all on Bebo.

Well, assuming he does go with his own instincts rather than pay an agency, he can hit ALL the big ones - MySpace, Bebo, Faceparty, Hi5. Let's just hope he doesn't accidentally revert to using Roman numerals wherever he can, otherwise that last one becomes problematic.

Having said all this... remembering WWEs brief fetish for Tout... I still don't know where Vine failed and TikTok has succeeded. Fickle kids.

Edited by air_raid
out the curtain, lights go up, I'm home

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Isn’t that what WWE is doing with WWE Speed, albeit on Twitter X instead?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Isn’t that what WWE is doing with WWE Speed, albeit on Twitter X instead?

Ah, you didn’t catch the one word that makes all the difference.

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

for maximum "engagements" the matches will all need to be short enough to go on TikTok.

Edited by air_raid
And my father said, when I was younger

I'm sure many have already read it, but there's an NBC article on what Vince McMahon is up to these days (besides talking to lawyers). 

Apparently he's going to his barbers, eating at nice restaurants and going on holiday (where he comes back with cats as gifts for people). Per the article, he's still in contact with Trump, Dwayne Johnson and John Cena. 

Here's what Janel Grant's lawyer Ann Callis thinks of that last part: 

Callis also said there have been no settlement talks, despite McMahon believing it will end up being settled before going to trial. They're still adding to their mountain of evidence, speaking to past victims etc...

I'd be surprised if it was just a couple of established guys with careers in Hollywood that had extended a discreet "wanna talk about it champ" to Vince. It's cynical, but depending on where you're situated career wise and financially if a man like Vince is down you may feel it might be sensible confirming that he's definitely out before you either burn your bridges with him, or try and hammer more nails into his coffin. Whilst it's hard to see a way back for him now, events could conspire to put him in a position where's he's able to at least try and salvage what's left of his legacy and reputation. When you factor in his wealth and connections, the idea that he might still serve some utility to somebody isn't out the question. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Donald J Trump said:

I'd be surprised if it was just a couple of established guys with careers in Hollywood that had extended a discreet "wanna talk about it champ" to Vince. It's cynical, but depending on where you're situated career wise and financially if a man like Vince is down you may feel it might be sensible confirming that he's definitely out before you either burn your bridges with him, or try and hammer more nails into his coffin. Whilst it's hard to see a way back for him now, events could conspire to put him in a position where's he's able to at least try and salvage what's left of his legacy and reputation. When you factor in his wealth and connections, the idea that he might still serve some utility to somebody isn't out the question. 

I hope Chris Jericho is good friends with Vince