Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

I saw some brouha that he might be starting his own wrestling promotion. Well sports entertainment promotion sorry. Which just sounds nuts in the modern day especially when any talent he tries to acquire would be absolutely pilloried for associating with him. It must be bollocks but I'd like to see him try, just in the hope it absolutely fucking fails like the WBF or something and he ends up looking the cunt again for our amusement. He's earned it.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

His non-compete is coming up at the end of a year. A genuine possibility him and the Saudis will start something up, because he goes to prison or a has a terminal illness. Preferably a terminal illness whilst in prison.

He's arrogant and mental enough to think that the WWE brand is nothing without him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Who's he gonna even sign? EC3, Austin Aries and Drake Younger?

I suppose he’s rich enough to offer competitive contracts to anyone unsettled, although it would be one hell of a risk to join a McMahon-led promotion. But if you are - for example - Chris Jericho, maybe you don’t care about that; maybe one last major pay day in a fresh environment seems appealing. People who are older or with a general lack of options might decide it’s worth the risk.

But heck, maybe it doesn’t matter who he would sign depending on the markets he’d look to target. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Who's he gonna even sign? EC3, Austin Aries and Drake Younger?

John Cena and the Undertaker if McMahons involved. Trump will probably be apart of the marketing. All the cancelled celebs. Honestly, there's probably a market to the Jan 6th lunatics and be like "Wrestling used to be good, here's a sex offender to show you how cool it is", there's probably an audience for it. The world is that mad.

I doubt it'll happen, though. But I will say, McMahon doing whatever he wants is very dangerous. He'll have them 400 pounds of muscle working 30 days a week again.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I don't think Vince starts a wrestling promotion because I assume that he won't let go of the idea that he will be exonerated and waltz victoriously back into WWE - a new promotion feels like a very un-Vince admission of defeat.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I suppose he’s rich enough

I don't see the promotion thing happening. In part because it might be the last straw for Linda to finally divorce him and get a cut.

Instead I see a lot of lawyers getting paid, and donations to Trump/Republican PACs. Try and get that Presidential pardon sewn up as a worse case scenario.