Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

This could be absolutely nothing, but I listened to a Foley is Pod episode earlier (Royal Rumble 2000) when driving, and Mick mentions his relationship with Vince. He says that he text Vince "over the holidays" but it didn't get through because he'd changed his number. I wonder if the number change had anything to do with this stuff that's come out? Was stuff known late 2022? Or is this just nothing and I need to put the tin foil away?

Khan, a childhood friend of new TKO board member Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson,

Ruh roh.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Wait a sec, so Trips wasn’t Corp 1 after all?

No - everyone jumped to that conclusion, and argued that the description could only fit either Triple H or Nick Khan, and nobody really entertained the idea that it could be Khan, for some reason. One of the tenuous links was that it said about Corporate Officer 1 having an office on the fourth floor, and people were posting screenshots of Triple H next to a sign for the fourth floor to "prove" it was him - but that's just where the executive suite is, it doesn't narrow it down to an individual at all.

I always assumed that if Triple H were heavily implicated, it would have been a lot clearer - I don't think, in painting a picture of the company as an unprofessional hellscape of institutionalised abuse, that, if one of the people involved in that was Vince McMahon's son-in-law and a prominent wrestler and on-screen performer, that you'd overlook all of those details and the pressure that someone in Triple H's position would be able to exert. 

That's not to say he's blameless or innocent - with Stephanie McMahon being named now as seemingly complicit in covering everything up, either Triple H had to know, or they're even more divorced than we think. If there weren't traumatised victims at the heart of all this, there would be something hilarious about the idea of Triple H being utterly oblivious to all of this going on around him.

I suspect Hunter is probably wilfully oblivious - as in, he didn't want to know and tried as hard as possible not to get involved in Vince's shit.  Which is quite typical at large organisations sadly where there's a culture of bullying, people avoid looking left or right as they know there are issues but want to remain non-complicit.

He was also down at the PC/NXT for a lot of the years in question, and then off ill for an extended period of time.  So his contact with the high level shenanigans at Titan Towers might have been limited by that.

None of this will stop people campaigning for his downfall though - I blame the denim shorts era.

Stephanie though - the circumstances of her leaving the WWE, in and around McMahon's original ouster and return.. there's a real story there to be heard, assuming any of this gets to court.

13 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Well, here we go. 

Nick Khan and COO Brad Blum revealed as key figures (Corporate Officers 1 and 2) in the lawsuit. 

Article.

Have they been named as culpable in any of the abuse? My understanding was that they were just named as being aware of Vince and Janel Grant being in a relationship. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I suspect Hunter is probably wilfully oblivious

This is unfathomable. Like wishing Chris Benoit was just putting his poor disabled kid out of his misery. I've no skin in this game - as in, I don't particularly dislike Triple H- but given how close Trips has been to Vince in the past, how close he is to Nick Khan, Stephanie being his partner at work and his wife/ex-wife/mother of his children, and seemingly everyone having heard/known some form of story about Vince, it's almost impossible to imagine that he didn't know.

What he knew and what he could have done to stop it is something only a proper investigation could decipher (insert massive GIF of someone laughing real hard at the prospect of a proper investigation with this bunch of carnies), but what is clear is that this stuff is systemic in this organisation and the top level all need investigating, and the wrong-uns clearing out. Until that happens, TKO are as big a bunch of frauds as Vince & co.

Edited by tiger_rick

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Like wishing Chris Benoit was just putting his poor disabled kid out of his misery

Come now.  We can discuss these things without resorting to hyperbolic comments like this surely.  

8 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Have they been named as culpable in any of the abuse? My understanding was that they were just named as being aware of Vince and Janel Grant being in a relationship. 

They were named as officers who were aware of what was going on, i.e. that Grant was basically hired for no actual purpose and was in a physical relationship with Vince McMahon. WWE have stated that Khan and Blum had no idea of any abuse having taken place, but their statement did not say that either was unaware of a physical relationship between Grant and McMahon. 

It is alleged that they voiced concerns about the relationship initially and, according to the suit, asked whether Grant 'could be trusted' (before later showing support for the relationship). WWE denies that this ever happened.

Also, Stephanie McMahon was named as corporate officer 3 and is referenced in the suit as being aware of her father engaging in other inappropriate sexual conduct.